WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016-17 Basketball Schedule Thread (TV listings/Links/Times)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMU was spectacular last year, but they lost a ton, 4 of the 5 starters, and with that 4 of the 5 leading scorers. The three highest scorers from last year currently on their team averaged 13.0, 4.3, and 4.3. They did have a 4-star transfer redshirt last year, and they're bringing in a bunch of freshmen. Way too early prediction, but I think UNI can win. I'm not saying they will win, but it could happen. Hopped over to their fourm, complaining about how UNI is the worst team in the field. I guess WKU and Tennessee dropped out.

And that first round win is important, at least for "exposure" and RPI purposes. The championship and third place games air on ESPN, the 5th and 7th place games air on AXS TV. Whatever that network is. And for RPI, it's the difference between facing Arizona and Purdue instead of NC State and Tennessee.
    Last edited by sevelev711; 08-14-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Are there any recent rankings/projections on SMU? The only one I see was before the draft and assumed Ojeleye stayed in school (had them #20). Losing him is a huge blow though.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

What are the other matchups? I'm not finding a bracket online.

Comment

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
          No bracket, but the matchups are Purdue vs Tenn, WKU vs Nova, NC State vs Zona, SMU vs UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
            PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS (August 14, 2017) - The highly-anticipated 2017 Battle 4 Atlantis begins Wed., Nov. 22, with an impressive field that has combined f...

Comment

That first game will be AXStv. 8:30 Central. 10:30 Bahamas.
              #MACtion

Comment

Full schedule released today. Unfortunately my phone isn't letting me post an image of it. Open and close the conference season at home.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  Full schedule released today. Unfortunately my phone isn't letting me post an image of it. Open and close the conference season at home.
                  It's a miracle.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Looking at days of the week and past history with how our TV contracts work, we're going to be on National TV a lot.

Educated guesses-
                    CBS Sports Network--12/28 vs Southern Illinois, 1/4 @ Missouri State, 2/3 vs. Indiana State
                    ESPNU--1/7 vs Loyola, 1/21 @ Southern Illinois, 1/28 @ Loyola
                    ESPN/ESPN2--2/17 @ Illinois State, 2/24 vs Missouri State

Throw in 3 or 4 appearances on Valley TV and Atlantis and you're to about half our schedule and that doesn't even include Carolina (will be picked up by an ESPN network), UNLV (CBS Sports Net?), Iowa State (ESPNU?) and Xavier and we've got more exposure than any Valley team could ever hope for.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Maybe it's time for a new thread

Comment

Originally posted by enkamania View Post
                        Maybe it's time for a new thread
                        That game against Missouri State could be for the MVC Regular Season title.

Comment

I think it's missing a few matches.

Comment

Hey hikolasbenjaminn I am also looking for jerseys that are both cheap and high quality, can you help me there?
                            #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                            X