WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Predictions

http://dudamobile.d1coachcorner.com/...tions.htm#2689

Missouri State
    Loyola
    UNI
    Bradley
    SIU
    Illinois State

The article is decent with a couple errors. ILSU did lose their top Juco transfer to grade issues (announced Friday). Page from Indiana State (a starter) is not returning this year either. In all, if the offense can improve (and I think it will), I believe the Panthers will be a top 3 team and really push for the top spot. There won't be any 16-2 team this year.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Frankly, I just can't bet on Paul Lusk to be that successful of an in-game coach. I think Loyola will be fairly dominant (not 16-2 levels, but dominant nonetheless), followed by UNI, followed by Missouri State. Then in Arch Maddness, who the hell knows what'll happen. Hopefully the ol' "Battle Tested" theory pays off and we knock off Loyola in the championship game, but they've really had UNI's number.

I'm thinking Loyola is regular-season and tournament champions. Then hopefully they'll win a game of the tournament

Comment

Another error - Ray G. hasn't coached Drake for a while. I'm a little surprised at InSU at the bottom. I have a higher opinion of Greg Lansing than that, but then sometimes his teams quit at the end of a long season.
      Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

Time to re-evaluate the predictions. Drake wins in double overtime moves to 3-1.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

So I don't know about y'all, but after that tournament, and with Wyatt still yet to play this year, I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Also of note, all of the advanced metrics sites, such as Kenpom and Barttorvik, have the MVC as the 8th best conference, only behind the P6 and AAC. I know it's still early, but it's interesting to see that even with the departure of Wichita, the Valley is on the upswing. Now, most of the conference has yet to play upper level competition, and I think the MWC/MVC should give us a nice gauge on things, but it's still nice while it lasts. If the Valley stays the 8th best conference, an at-large for the conference isn't out of reach.

Comment

Loyola up by 6 at Florida with 11 min to go. They've led pretty much the entire game.

Comment

Ramblers up by 5 with 2 min to go.

Comment

Ramblers pull off the upset, 65-59. And that was without Custer for most of the game (ankle injury early in the first).

Comment

Huge win for the Valley. Way to go Loyola.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Way to go Loyota!

P.S. I'm a Loyola alum who went to the main campus three times during an entire graduate program.

Comment

I would say that between Loyola, Valparaiso, Missouri State, and us you’ll will find the top 4 teams in the standings at the end of February. Although I think 3-10 the league is much better this year. Valparaiso is the 1 of the 4 who hasn’t had much competition yet.

Comment

Barring catastrophe, the Valley has done enough to justify multiple bids in the NCAA tournament this year... So I can't wait until there's only one bid and the B1G and Pac-12 get seven each.

Comment

Valpo hasn't played a soul yet. Still holding out on saying they're reall that good. We'll know a lot more after tonight as they play at Purdue.

Illinois State may end up a Thursday team. Muller should have jumped when his star was at its highest point.

SIU is the prime candidate to 'Evansville' everybody. They're going to get healthy and get better.

I think the Valley has really separated into tiers at this point.

UNI-Best schedule, most consistent, best coach, senior bigs
                          Mizzou St-They've been really good when Rousseau and Alize are healthy but Paul Lusk

Valpo-Weak schedule but they're killing people
                          Loyola-Inconsistent, young, poorly coached but really really talented

SIU
                          Evansville
                          Illinois St
                          Bradley---The battle to stay out of Thursday is going to be something. Right now I think IlSU and BU would be your Thursdays

Indiana St--No idea how they beat Indiana
                          Drake-Promising start, regressing to the mean but not the dumpster fire they were

#MACtion

Comment

Valpo's next 3 are going to be telling. Purdue, Ball State, Northwestern. If they can get 2 of the three I'll start to buy them. Right now they are greatly helping the RPI by not losing but are they winning due to being good or the schedule they've played.
                            "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                            -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Valpo hasn't played a soul yet. Still holding out on saying they're reall that good. We'll know a lot more after tonight as they play at Purdue.

Illinois State may end up a Thursday team. Muller should have jumped when his star was at its highest point.

SIU is the prime candidate to 'Evansville' everybody. They're going to get healthy and get better.

I think the Valley has really separated into tiers at this point.

UNI-Best schedule, most consistent, best coach, senior bigs
                              Mizzou St-They've been really good when Rousseau and Alize are healthy but Paul Lusk

Valpo-Weak schedule but they're killing people
                              Loyola-Inconsistent, young, poorly coached but really really talented

SIU
                              Evansville
                              Illinois St
                              Bradley---The battle to stay out of Thursday is going to be something. Right now I think IlSU and BU would be your Thursdays

Indiana St--No idea how they beat Indiana
                              Drake-Promising start, regressing to the mean but not the dumpster fire they were
                              I agree with most of this. I would say I am a little higher on Bradley than you, and a little lower on Evansville. I would be surprised if Drake, Indiana State and Evansville are not playing on Drake Night. Not sure who the other might be.

Comment

Working...
                              X