WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-18 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Basketball Schedule

Date Opponent Time TV Announcers
    Nov. 5 UNC Pembroke (Exhib.) 1 PM ESPN3 (UNI Broadcast)
    Brad Wells (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Nov. 10 at #9 North Carolina 6 PM ESPNU
    Kevin Fitzgerald (pxp) Dino Gaudio (analyst) Tara Petrolino (sideline)

Nov. 13 Alcorn State 7 PM PSN/ESPN3
    Eric Braley (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Nov. 15 Wartburg 7 PM ESPN3 (UNI Broadcast)

Nov. 18 Chicago State 11 AM ESPN3 (UNI Broadcast)
    Eric Braley (pxp) Johnny Moran (analyst)

Nov. 22 vs. SMU 8:30 PM ESPN3
    Kevin Fitzgerald (pxp) Paul Biancardi (analyst)

Nov. 23 vs. N.C. State
    ---Semifinal 2 PM ESPN2
    Karl Ravech (pxp) Dick Vitale, errrr, Robbie Hummel (analyst)

Nov. 24 vs. #5 Villanova
    ---Championship Game 11 AM ESPN2
    Karl Ravech (pxp) Dick Vitale (analyst)

Nov. 29 UNLV 7 PM ESPN3 (Valley Broadcast)

Dec. 7 UT-Arlington 7 PM PSN/ESPN3

Dec. 10 Dubuque 4 PM ESPN3 (UNI Broadcast)

Dec. 16 vs. Iowa State 3:30 PM Mediacom Connections 22
    BJ Schaben (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Dec. 22 #8 Xavier 8 PM CBS Sports Net
    Ben Holden (pxp) Steve Wolf (analyst)

Dec. 28 Southern Illinois 7 PM PSN/ESPN3

Dec. 31 at Bradley 1 PM ESPN3
    Brian Bedo (pxp) Andy Masur (analyst)

Jan. 4 at Missouri State 8 PM CBS Sports Net
    Brent Stover (pxp) Bob Wenzel (analyst)

Jan. 7 Loyola 3 PM ESPNU
    Jordan Bernfield (pxp) Malcolm Huckaby (analyst)

Jan. 10 at Indiana State 6 PM MVC-TV
    John Rooney (pxp) Rich Zvosec (analyst)

Jan. 13 Valparaiso 7 PM ESPN2
    Mitch Holthus (pxp) Malcolm Huckaby (analyst)

Jan. 16 Drake 7 PM PSN/ESPN3

Jan. 21 at Southern Illinois 3 PM ESPN3 (Valley Broadcast)
    Scott Warmann (pxp) Rich Zvosec (analyst)

Jan. 24 Illinois State 7 PM ESPN3 (Valley Broadcast)
    Mitch Holthus (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Jan. 28 at Loyola 3 PM ESPNU

Jan. 31 at Evansville 7 PM ESPN3
    Alex Gould (pxp) Preston Leinenbach (analyst)

Feb. 3 Indiana State 3 PM MVC-TV

Feb. 7 Bradley 7 PM ESPN3 (Valley Broadcast)

Feb. 10 at Drake 3 PM MVC-TV
    John Rooney (pxp) Adam Emmenecker (analyst)

Feb. 13 Evansville 7 PM PSN/ESPN3

Feb. 17 at Illinois State 5 PM ESPN2

Feb. 20 at Valparaiso 8 PM CBS Sports Net
    John Sadak (pxp) Jordan Cornette (analyst)

Feb. 24 Missouri State 1 PM ESPN3

Mar. 1 MVC Tournament Opening Round 6 PM or 8:30 PM MVC-TV
    Mitch Holthus or John Rooney (pxp) Rich Zvosec or Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Mar. 2 MVC Quarterfinals Noon or 6 PM MVC-TV
    Mitch Holthus (pxp) Rich Zvosec (analyst)
    Last edited by BCPanther; 02-19-2018, 11:03 AM.
    #MACtion

Feb. 24 Missouri State TBD ESPN2 or CBS Sports Net
    Glad to see the defacto MVC regular season championship game will be on TV.

Also, that game with SMU will be crucial, simply because it'll be the difference between watching UNI on ESPN or trying to find a stream of whatever AXStv is.

Comment

AXS is on basic plus cable for CFU customers. Channel 77 I think? I really like it as they have some good concerts on there. Occasional sports. Formerly HDNet TV. Anyone remember when they did a UNI basketball game in the Dome? Can you name which team they played?
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
        AXS is on basic plus cable for CFU customers. Channel 77 I think? I really like it as they have some good concerts on there. Occasional sports. Formerly HDNet TV. Anyone remember when they did a UNI basketball game in the Dome? Can you name which team they played?
        I feel embarrassed to be stumped on that one. I feel like it's a crazy obscure answer.

Fun fact: AXStv is owned by Mark Cuban. Biggest problem is that the absolute moron Seth Davis will be calling any AXStv games.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
          Bucknell! #Kaboom

Comment

Updated with a few new times and TV.

In putting this together and looking at the Valley schedule, its glaringly obvious that the TV partners (ESPN, CBS) believe that UNI, Missouri State, Loyola and Illinois State are head and shoulders above everybody else in the league. Those 4 schools are going to end up with 80%+ of the national TV spots.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              Updated with a few new times and TV.

In putting this together and looking at the Valley schedule, its glaringly obvious that the TV partners (ESPN, CBS) believe that UNI, Missouri State, Loyola and Illinois State are head and shoulders above everybody else in the league. Those 4 schools are going to end up with 80%+ of the national TV spots.
              I mean... Yeah. There's absolutely no odds in the world that would get me to bet on anyone other than UNI, LoC, MSU, and ISU. Frankly, I'm still glad to see that the MVC still has a national TV deal.

Comment

Our ESPN deal runs until 2026 and our CBS Sports deal runs until 2024. Title game guaranteed on CBS until 2020 with a mutual option to extend to 2024. I'd be shocked if that didn't go forward even without Wichita. It'll get its highest rating ever this year stuck between Wichita-UConn and the Big Ten Championship Game.
                Last edited by BCPanther; 09-19-2017, 10:53 AM.
                #MACtion

Comment

Our ESPN deal runs until 2026 and our CBS Sports deal runs until 2024. Title game guaranteed on CBS until 2020 with a mutual option to extend to 2024. I'd be shocked if that didn't go forward even without Wichita. It'll get its highest rating ever this year stuck between Kentucky-Florida and the Big Ten Championship Game.
                  The Big Ten championship? Are they a week before Selection Sunday now also?
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

The Big Ten championship? Are they a week before Selection Sunday now also?
                    Just for this year. They're in Madison Square Garden and the Big East has it on selection weekend.

The Big Ten should only use Chicago and Indy but they're convinced they're an East Coast league now.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Just for this year. They're in Madison Square Garden and the Big East has it on selection weekend.

The Big Ten should only use Chicago and Indy but they're convinced they're an East Coast league now.
                      You don't want to piss of Rutgers or Maryland

Comment

I believe they separate out the home games into "premium" and "non premium" games. Does anyone know which games are in each bucket?

Comment

Aren't all MVC games on at least ESPN3 now? I thought it was a conference wide deal.

Comment

The UNI BB game televised by HDNet was vs Bradley. They produced it all in HD and used a variety of camera angles that hadn't really been tried before (or so I was told).

Bucknell was a Bracket Busters game on ESPN family of networks.
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                              Aren't all MVC games on at least ESPN3 now? I thought it was a conference wide deal.
                              Everything not picked up by another TV partner is ESPN3. It'll be another couple of weeks before all of those selections are announced. Anything not picked up goes to ESPN3.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X