WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: Wartburg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Next: Wartburg

Another chance to build confidence

Comment

I really like that (even though it's not always the best competition) we're getting in so many games in a short span, 4 games in 8 days. Helps prep them a bit for the other biggest factor in these early season tourney's, other than the opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        I really like that (even though it's not the best competition) we're getting in so many games in a short span, helps prep them a bit for the other biggest factor in these early season tourney's, other than the opponents.
        Actually I think it works really well. A top 10 team, then 3 games against lesser competition, then go to B4A. Hopefully we continue to shoot well vs Wartburg and Chicago St, and it continues to build up confidence for B4A.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

UNI 97
          Wartburg 51

Lots and lots of minutes for McDonnell, McDermott, Lohaus, Wentzien and Conrey.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            UNI 97
            Wartburg 51

Lots and lots of minutes for McDonnell, McDermott, Lohaus, Wentzien and Conrey.
            You mean Conroy right? That's how he was referred too on the broadcast Monday night....
            "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
            -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Phyfe out tonight, "unspecified injury"
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                I think he took it to the head harder than we realized Monday night. Might be why he sat most of the game, too.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

I think he took it to the head harder than we realized Monday night. Might be why he sat most of the game, too.
                  yeah, its confirmed he has a concussion

Comment

Alright Carlson has absolutely no business opening up the game with 2 fouls against friggen Wartburg

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      So now we have 4 players out with injuries (Rhodes, Dahl, Phyfe, Lohaus) with no idea when or if we will see them in action again? Is there a reason for the secrecy or do they just not know?

Comment

I'm really looking forward to what Koch can become as a senior when he gets used to the speed of the game.....oh wait.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Pretty lackluster showing on offense so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post

So now we have 4 players out with injuries (Rhodes, Dahl, Phyfe, Lohaus) with no idea when or if we will see them in action again? Is there a reason for the secrecy or do they just not know?
                            Phyfe was concussed against Alcorn when he got popped in the face, should only be out a week or so. No idea on the others.

Comment

Couldn't miss from three last night, can't hardly buy a three tonight. 3-17 from behind the arc, with about 15 of them being wide open looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X