WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: Xavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Next: Xavier

Xavier is currently 10-1 on the year (they play Marshall Tuesday so probably will be 11-1) and ranked in the top 10. They are led by Trevon Bluiett who averages 21.4 ppg. They are very experienced and are very good. Last year we played them twice losing both games. The game is Friday at 8 pm, if you are unable to make it to the McLeod the game is on CBS Sports Network. However this is the biggest game of the year in the McLeod Center and a crowd of 6,500 or bigger would be great.
    Last edited by achrist70; 12-18-2017, 09:18 AM.

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
    Xavier is currently 10-1 on the year (they play Marshall Tuesday so probably will be 11-1) and ranked in the top 10. They are led by Trevon Bluiett who averages 21.4 ppg. They are very experienced and are very good. Last year we played them twice losing both games. The game is Friday at 8 pm, if you are unable to make it to the McCleod the game is on CBS Sports Network. However this is the biggest game of the year in the McCleod Center and a crowd of 6,500 or bigger would be great.
    Could we at least spell the name of our home arena correctly. It's only been 12 years.
    Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
    Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
    UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Bluiett has been an absolute beast this year and we just need to find a way to slow him down. Macura is the Grayson Allen of their team and will drive fans nuts. Hopefully the disappointing play from Saturday lights a fire under the team and combined with a great home crowd leads to a quality home win. They've got the size and length that is going to give us fits if we can't stretch the defense with outside shooting.
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Looking online there are tickets available but it is pretty limited. Some seats in in the "end zone" area behind the baseline. Few enough left that I would think they would get sold by gametime.

The real question is whether or not they will sell tickets in the student section since it is very unlikely to be a big student crowd during Xmas break. That is where there will be seats available.

Comment

I'm worried about the student section as well. They should be doing everything possible to pack that section for the game.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I hope we get some revenge from last year. I was at the game in Cincy, and their fans were the worst.

Comment

It is unlikely there will be many students. It is a bit of a delicate balancing act since students technically pay for those seats with their student fees. But I think it is safe to assume there will be plenty available to sell if they choose to do so.

Comment

Do seats get released at various points before a game? I just checked online and there are way more seatback options in the 107/114 (mid-court) sections than when I had checked last week.

Comment

They already sell the corners, and the way that they have been selling cheap tickets to this game I would guess that they have sold a vast majority of the tickets to those sections as well. Maybe leave 250 student tickets but I don't see more than that showing up being so close to Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by squeezebox View Post
                    I hope we get some revenge from last year. I was at the game in Cincy, and their fans were the worst.
                    I was in Florida for last years - and YES the Xavier fans were really obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                      They already sell the corners, and the way that they have been selling cheap tickets to this game I would guess that they have sold a vast majority of the tickets to those sections as well. Maybe leave 250 student tickets but I don't see more than that showing up being so close to Christmas.
                      I wish I would have seen those "cheap" tickets. I just picked up 3 tickets for $25 a piece, damn I miss those free student tickets.

Comment

Watching the Xavier-Marshall game right now, sounds like they've got some injuries, and they're playing like it, with a four point win over said ~150 ranked team at home. Adding to that, the last second win over the East Tennessee State Buccaneers, and they certainly don't look like world beaters.

I also appreciate these Big East announcers talking us up, "On Friday they travel to a hostile environment, a good team in UNI, who will grind you down."

I've also heard a rumor that the Xavier home-and-home was renewed for another two years, has anyone else heard that?

Comment

I've heard the rumor. Not sure if I'm totally on board with it. Would have major, major respect for Chris Mack if it gets done.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            I've heard the rumor. Not sure if I'm totally on board with it. Would have major, major respect for Chris Mack if it gets done.
                            It'd be great for us no matter when it happens, but even better since that home game would be during The Senior Year.

Comment

I don't think I'd trust the rumor...this would be very surprising.
                              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X