WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which state school will win a conference game first this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    I don't find jokes about any well regarded persons untimely death particularly funny, regardless of time passage. If you want to joke about Hitler's death or Charlie Manson's (very recent), I'm okay with that. Of course the joke would have to be funny, which is hard to do about death anyway. That's just me though, I'm old and my path has been different from everyone else's. One of the things I'm working on hard is trying not to judge other people.
    I agree. No one is perfect. I don't find making fun of other's pain funny. Of course, I have always been the kind of person who would gravitate towards people that others make fun of. I have always found the people that others think are geeky, nerdy or awkward as the most fascinating people out there but i digress.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

I agree. No one is perfect. I don't find making fun of other's pain funny. Of course, I have always been the kind of person who would gravitate towards people that others make fun of. I have always found the people that others think are geeky, nerdy or awkward as the most fascinating people out there but i digress.
      I disagree, I think that no one is perfect, which is why you should laugh about it. I'm an "acne-riddled," "facially-deformed," "pathetic," "extremely hate-able," "doormat" of a "loser," and a "freak" whose dreams and ambitions are already dead and buried, and I can't do much about it. Took me all 19 years of my life to accept that, but I've done so. If I didn't have the ability to laugh and make jokes about myself, and then laugh and make jokes about others, I would've flipped out and killed somebody. Whether it be myself or someone else, I'm not sure, it never got that far.

There are very few good things in life. Laugh at the bad things. I was watching a comedy special by Daniel Tosh that came out in 2016, and he was making jokes about Joe Paterno, Michael Jackson, and Priests, and I was in tears from laughing so hard. Don't get me wrong, there is a time an a place for mourning and respect. Making a joke about 9/11 in 2001 would be a horrible thing to do, and shame on you for joking while the country is trying to heal. But it's 2018... There are some good ones out there.

I was trying to make a dark joke about how terrible the basketball teams are by over exaggerating the response of the fans of said team, while using a topical real life event. I'm not going to apologize for the content or subject of the joke, it was about one guy who died in a car crash 25 years ago, I'm 90% certain everyone in this thread knows someone who died in a car crash more recently than Street did. Just because I made a joke about a serious topic doesn't make me a bad person, far better people than you or I have joked about far worse. I will apologize if you didn't like the joke and didn't think it was funny, I won't be making humor of that sort in these threads again.
      Last edited by sevelev711; 01-23-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Just a trigger warning - comedian Anthony Jeselnik is touring the midwest in May (Finally). Nothing is too soon for Jeselnik. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
          Just a trigger warning - comedian Anthony Jeselnik is touring the midwest in May (Finally). Nothing is too soon for Jeselnik. Nothing.
          Thoroughly enjoyed him on some of the roasts, might have to check him out in St Louis, depending on ticket prices.

Comment

I saw Jeselnik live here in South Florida, hilarious...but I am one who laughed out loud at the Street joke. Well played, sevelev!

Comment

Working...
            X