WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which state school will win a conference game first this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which state school will win a conference game first this season?

As of 1/8/18:

U. of Iowa is 0-5 in the Big Ten
    UNI is 0-4 in the MVC
    Iowa State is 0-3 in the Big 12

That's a combined 0-12 in conference play
    (meanwhile Drake is 4-0)

Iowa State has Kansas in Lawrence on Tuesday and Baylor in Ames on Saturday. That's a pretty good bet for 0-2.

Iowa plays Illinois in Champagne on Thursday and doesn't have a weekend game. Illinois is pretty bad too, 50/50

UNI has Indiana State in Terre Haute and Valpo in Cedar Falls. We never play well in Indiana, I like our chances against Valpo.

So, either Iowa on Thursday or us on Saturday.

FWIW, Drake has a likely 2-0 week. At Valpo and Evansville in Des Moines.
    #MACtion

Comment

I think UNI will get at least one of either ISUb or Valpo.
      Iowa will probably get 1 of either Illinois or Rutgers. (Both on the road tho)
      ISU’s schedule is brutal, they might beat Baylor on Sat.
      I don’t think there’s any way all three schools go winless through this week. I’ll go with both UNI and ISU winning on Saturday and Iowa grabbing their first win @Rutgers next Wednesday.
      What a depressing topic.

Comment

Hope I'm wrong, but I think all three will go 0-fer one more week yet.

Comment

I'm wondering how the athletic administration is going to spin this situation. They have been trying to improve attendance with cheap tickets with a promise this is a good team worth supporting. Last nite's attendance was 3,700 with a lot of those in attendance on the ends with the $5 deal. They may have to go to $1 tickets and if you buy one you get a second one free? Here's an idea, they should base the price of a ticket for the next home game on the number of three pointers made by the Panthers in the last home game. Let's say a dollar per 3. Using the $5 price for an end zone ticket and the fact UNI made 6 three's last nite then the athletic department will be paying $1 per ticket for the South bleachers. Maybe they'll hand out tickets with a $1 off coupon at the concession stand. That will fill 'er up!

Just trying to put a funny spin on a currently tough situation. It's frustrating and we worry what this could lead to in a lot of ways. But in the end, I'll be at the next game, I'm always going to be at the next game, match or whatever. Panther fans and supporters should be at the next event because its our team and that's what we have. Go Cats!

Comment

Is any Iowa (regent) school actually favored by an oddsmaker this week? Woof.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Is any Iowa (regent) school actually favored by an oddsmaker this week? Woof.
              Not for the mid-week games, but we should be favored vs Valpo on Saturday.

Comment

UNI and ISU bring the state school conference record to 0-14.
                Drake lost to Valpo, so the Bulldogs are no longer undefeated in conference

Comment

Everyone is the MVC is either 3-2 or 2-3 except for Drake (4-1) and UNI (0-5).

That also means the Panthers are now a full two games out of 9th place. Huzzah!

Comment

and Iowa stops the streak, beating Illinois in OT.

Comment

Hallelujah! Glad the streak ends.

Comment

Soooooooo happy for the Hawkeyes!

Comment

I assume given Iowa fans were up in arms over the officiating costing them a win at Maryland that they're discussing why Iowa shot 40 FT's compared to Illinois shooting 14. I caveat that I think there are games where there should be a big difference, notably how much teams are chucking from the outside. I didn't see much of the second half, but Illinois only took 6 more 3's than Iowa. Fouls were 31-17 and Iowa was the one intentionally fouling at the end of regulation.

Comment

Officiating in the Big Ten is terrible, just terrible. They've gone with primarily east coast guys that can't seem to comprehend the Big Ten's style of play. I watched most of the 2nd half last night and it was pretty bad both ways but Illinois does a ton of reaching and grabbing 40 feet from the bucket and that got called last night and Iowa got lucky that the big kid with one eye brow went 9-9 from the line.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              and Iowa stops the streak, beating Illinois in OT.
                              Iowa didn't win. They tried to give the game to Illinois, but the Illini just wouldn't take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X