WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Madness 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Madness 2018

Has anyone heard if ticket sales have been good, so far? Hopefully most people decided on going while the season was still going well.

Regardless of what the next 13 games turn out to be, the Valley tournament is always an awesome weekend.

I sure hope they have a commercial about Arch Madness once or twice (or a thousand times) during the broadcasts this season.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
      I sure hope they have a commercial about Arch Madness once or twice (or a thousand times) during the broadcasts this season.
      can't be any worse than those "college football playoffs" ads that espn tortured everyone with all year.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

can't be any worse than those "college football playoffs" ads that espn tortured everyone with all year.
        do you believe that we can win this fight tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

It is like watching anything on WatchESPN. Same stupid ads over and over, sometimes twice in a row.

As for Arch Madness, I think they run that ad once for every ticket they sell!

Comment

I think my wife and I are going down and we may roll the dice and take our 2 year old. Any idea if 2 year olds need tickets to get in? I'm having trouble trying finding any information regarding it online.
            Last edited by CyCarp; 01-21-2018, 09:13 AM.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Have had a flight booked for months...unsure about tickets since our seeding and scheduling situation is still unclear. At the very least STL is an amazing town that I have missed dearly since the SO moved back to Iowa.

Comment

At this point, the 7/10 game would be a small victory for not having to face LUC on Friday, if we can make something happen Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by unifan View Post
                  At this point, the 7/10 game would be a small victory for not having to face LUC on Friday, if we can make something happen Thursday night.
                  Has any Thursday team won the mvc tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                    Has any Thursday team won the mvc tournament?
                    A Thursday team has only won on Friday ONCE in 28 years. That Bradley team then lost by 40 in the semifinals.

This ain't low major ball. Nobody is winning 4 in 4 days.
                    #MACtion

Comment

The first 3-5 years were 8 team events. They went to the current format somewhere around 95-96. in the early 90's we had multiple teams miss the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by panther91 View Post
                        The first 3-5 years were 8 team events. They went to the current format somewhere around 95-96. in the early 90's we had multiple teams miss the tournament.
                        You are correct. 94-95 was the first year of the current format. So once in 22 years has a Opening Round team won a second game.

Used to be a Friday-Monday format as well. CBS coming in and making it Thursday-Sunday is the best thing that ever happened to that tournament.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You are correct. 94-95 was the first year of the current format. So once in 22 years has a Opening Round team won a second game.

Used to be a Friday-Monday format as well. CBS coming in and making it Thursday-Sunday is the best thing that ever happened to that tournament.
                          I remember back in 2004 watching the overtime win (maybe even double overtime?) against Missouri State on the aforementioned Monday night to make it into the NCAA tournament for the first time in, well, what felt like forever. That was Mac's 1st NCAA tournament team; we were a #14 seed against Georgia Tech in Milwaukee in the 1st round and gave them a hell of a game, pretty cool considering that they were the national runner-up that season. That game had special significance to me since I was just a couple of days away from moving from Iowa to the Florida Keys for a career opportunity, so it was really neat for me to be able to end my time in Iowa being able to watch a game with such importance as that.

Good times....

Too bad this year's team appears to be completely incapable at this point of winning a game in the MVC regular season.

Comment

Does anyone know of a bar in st louis that might be willing to show a game off of espn3?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                              Does anyone know of a bar in st louis that might be willing to show a game off of espn3?
                              It'll be blacked out on ESPN3.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X