WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next Southern Illinois Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our starting 5 are 2-15 from the arc

SIU starting 5 is 6-10.

We're down 13.
    ​​​
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I predict we will have our best offensive showing down the stretch after we fall down by 15 +

Comment

Was that an uncontested airball?

Comment

Are we shooting at one of those carnival rims that's the same size as the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
            I predict we will have our best offensive showing down the stretch after we fall down by 15 +
            Yep, we have seen that before.

Comment

SIU is 11-14 from 3 in the second half against us this year.

Comment

Why doesn’t Koch shoot technicals?

Comment

Quit playing UNI offense and the offense improves

Comment

Does SIU even run an offense? I swear it's just street ball.

Comment

Wow...coming out of that timeout...what a cluster**** that was.

Going to Koch on the block down 10 with 2 minutes to play? Really?

Throws a pass into the back of the backboard.
                      Last edited by Blue42; 01-21-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I just think we aren't very good. When our offense looks decent and we can score the basketball a little we look decent, and we play good defense. But our offense is just not good enough. Have to be one of the worst shooting teams in DI.

Comment

It’s honestly crazy how many of our missed shots are by shooters who are very open. At some point, I’m not sure what more you can do if you don’t have guys that make open shots.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                            I just think we aren't very good. When our offense looks decent and we can score the basketball a little we look decent, and we play good defense. But our offense is just not good enough. Have to be one of the worst shooting teams in DI.
                            We were good before we entered valley play...

Comment

Really tired of slow careless passes...

Comment

It's clear that the coaching staff does not emphasize aggressiveness on offense. My guess is they are too scared of taking a bad shot or forcing what's not there, resulting in a fast break opportunity for the other team. Unfortunately it more often results in poor shot attempts at the end of the shot clock, passing up decent looks, bad passes, or general lathargicness from the team. It's hard for shooters to get into a rythem without shooting the ball, and our offense is designed to minimize the number of possessions per game, for both teams. Instead of guys developing while they're here, I feel a lot of them regress with a coached mentality to be selective rather than aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X