WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next up: Loyola-Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCloud driving has been pretty darn good over these last few games. Still can't make freethrows, but the drive is going strong.

Comment

Defense absolutely collapsed in those last few minutes, what happened there?

Comment

Custer is putting on a clinic.

Comment

I predict that about 3 minutes into the second half, Loyola will start hitting a barrage of threes. We will continue to score at a rate of about 1 point per minute and will be down by 15-20 points very quickly.

Just a wild guess.

Comment

If all they can do is get Custer mid range fade aways, I like our D. Let's go O. Pickford and maybe McCloud are the only ones bringing it. Seniors dissapointing again

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
              If all they can do is get Custer mid range fade aways, I like our D. Let's go O. Pickford and maybe McCloud are the only ones bringing it. Seniors dissapointing again
              Not if he keeps making them.

Comment

The D has been great, but eventually Division I teams are going to score. We simply have to score more. It is very hard to keep a DI team below 50 points on their home floor. You can play outstanding defense and eventually most teams will score.

I know I am whining at this point but I watched a number of other games this weekend and I swear it is like they are playing a different sport than we are. Summit League teams, bad Summit League teams, have an easier time running their offense than we do. Other teams don't make it look impossible to put the ball in the basket. I don't know why it is so hard for us. Compared to them, we look like we are playing in two feet of water when we have the basketball.

Comment

listening to the game. 24-19 Loyola lead. UNI with the ball and 30 seconds or so to go. UNI calls timeout. I knew right then the lead would be up to 7 or 8 at the half. Pretty rare when we finish a half strong or that we score out of a timeout.
                  "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

The O needs change, and whether you agree or not, I say the seniors have to be to blame for that. They are our least consistent players

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                      The O needs change, and whether you agree or not, I say the seniors have to be to blame for that. They are our least consistent players
                      I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
                        listening to the game. 24-19 Loyola lead. UNI with the ball and 30 seconds or so to go. UNI calls timeout. I knew right then the lead would be up to 7 or 8 at the half. Pretty rare when we finish a half strong or that we score out of a timeout.
                        Yeah, coming out of the timeout we passed around the perimeter and took a three without anyone trying to feed the post or drive inside. We missed.

Comment

Had a chance to chip into the lead, but then a stupid pass leads to a run out.

At the end of the day, when you can’t make open shots, you’re not going to be a very good Division l basketball team.

Comment

Well it wasn't a barrage of 3's but otherwise this has followed the script from every other MVC road game this year.

Comment

We're 2 of 13 from the arc.

Both numbers in that stat say a lot about what's wrong with our offense.

Too much of our offense is 25 feet from basket.

And we're not good shooters.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.
                                It's tough to gauge cause we all love when Koch can't miss his hook shot or Carlson is hot from 3. It hides how one dimensional we really are when they look good.

Can't wait for Aj to come in. Him and some addition by subtraction should really make the offense more versatile

Comment

Working...
                                X