WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey! We won!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! We won!

Huh. Neat.

Feels like it's been forever. Glad we didn't completely rely on the 3 tonight either. Hopefully it's the start of a few.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Maybe Wyatt gets a starting nod on Saturday? I'd bench McCloud, frankly,

Comment

Nice to get a much needed victory, and it looks like we had to fight back from some adversity in the 2nd half to do it as well.

Maybe there's some hope for this team yet.

Comment

Wyatt in the starting lineup.The guy can create.
          http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0320...nesh13_400.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
            Nice to get a much needed victory, and it looks like we had to fight back from some adversity in the 2nd half to do it as well.

Maybe there's some hope for this team yet.
            This conference makes no sense, and this is one of our better wins, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we win, even if we start on Thursday. Would also not be surprised if we lose

Comment

Odd game. 48 total fouls (24 for each team) for 65 total free throws. I think we were fouled 4 times on 3-point tries? Fouls 25 feet from the basket definitely was to our advantage.

A nice win with a part-time starter in Phyfe out of the rotation. Hope he’s well enough for Saturday. An interesting lineup for the last 15 minutes that would probably be considered unpopular on this board, but they got the job done. We really don't like 2nd half substitutions in the second half of a tight game - Hunter picked up his 4th foul with about 7-8 minutes to go and still stayed in the rest of the way.

Comment

I didn't even know there was a game and there was no post beforehand about it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                  Odd game. 48 total fouls (24 for each team) for 65 total free throws. I think we were fouled 4 times on 3-point tries? Fouls 25 feet from the basket definitely was to our advantage.

A nice win with a part-time starter in Phyfe out of the rotation. Hope he’s well enough for Saturday. An interesting lineup for the last 15 minutes that would probably be considered unpopular on this board, but they got the job done. We really don't like 2nd half substitutions in the second half of a tight game - Hunter picked up his 4th foul with about 7-8 minutes to go and still stayed in the rest of the way.
                  What's wrong with Phyfe?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

What's wrong with Phyfe?
                    Gary tweeted flu past week

Comment

Last night was the first night Wyatt wasn't wearing that bulky knee brace on the left side. He was moving noticeably better and was able to get his feet under him better when he shot the ball.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Amazing how much better a team/staff looks when the ball goes through the hoop. Wins = deodorant.

Comment

I was also encouraged that when we got down 6 at the beginning of the 2nd half that we didn't hang our heads and let it get to 12 or 14. Went on an 8-0 took the lead back and never trailed again.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Luke provided some hope for the end of the season and next two years. I specifically only watched him when he was playing and he did his job. Great box outs, diving on the floor, and finished at the hoop. I assume he will be given more chances now. It was fun watching his teammates cheer him on and smile when he scored.

We haven't won very many games this year that we've used a complete bench. Even the non-conference schedule. That first tourney (NC State, SMU, Villanova) Jake really only played 5 or 6 guys. I remember reading posts about how tired we looked at the end of the game. He has definitely sent a message the last few weeks that if you don't do your job you're riding the bench. Hopefully the players start responding.

Comment

Luke played great. You could tell he was out there busting his a** and it paid off. I hope we see more of him this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X