WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Up: at Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Up: at Drake

The Panthers haven’t won a true road game in 363 days (0-9).

The senior class of Reed Timmer, now Drake’s all-time leading scorer, has yet to beat the Panthers (0-7).

One of those streaks will come to an end. Hopefully a nice contingent of UNI fans will make the Knapp Center feel more like home.

It will be interesting to see which Panther team shows up defensively. Drake has some guys who can hit threes if left open.

Comment

We probably need this game for any chance of avoiding Thursday in St Louis. Probably need to win 4 of the remaining 5 (even that might not be enough) and that would be tough to do if we lose the first considering the lack of consistency we've shown.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I mean, there is a chance this team can still get to 20 wins on the season....

Comment

For those going,consider the pregame at Saints.

Comment

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up winning by 15 points or losing by 15 points, and I think the chances between either outcome are pretty equal.

Comment

Pretty much have to win out to avoid Thursday. The Indiana State sweep is a killer in just about any tiebreaker.

Drake is certainly fading. Missouri State is either a Sweet 16 team or a SWAC team and there's nothing in between. We just don't have any control over what happens.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                Pretty much have to win out to avoid Thursday. The Indiana State sweep is a killer in just about any tiebreaker.

Drake is certainly fading. Missouri State is either a Sweet 16 team or a SWAC team and there's nothing in between. We just don't have any control over what happens.
                This is accurate. As we currently sit, I have us at about 93% chance of a Thursday game, and definitely are not in charge of our own destiny. With a 5-0 finish, the odds of Thursday drop to 16%, but even a 4-1 finish puts us at an 86% chance of Thursday. 3-2 or worse and you may as well pencil in some Thursday evening viewing time already.

In isolation, with a win today our Thursday odds move to 88%, but with a loss we are nearly locked in at 99.6%.

Comment

Stupid blackout rule...
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Mccloud needs to learn how to play when he hits a couple of shots.

Comment

Shooting a gentlemen's 20% from 3, while taking over 60% of our shots from that range I see. Classic.

Comment

On the rare occasion that we do make a 3, we have a nasty tendency to just give it right the heck back immediately. And then usually immediately give up another one for good measure.

Comment

Lol at the ending to that half. Actually had it tied with 90 seconds to go. Found a way to be down 7 at the half.

Comment

I feel like the last 10 minutes was about our season in a microcosm. We slowly, methodically outplay our opponent for stretches only to completely fall apart for 90 seconds as we do nothing but chuck up 3s.

Comment

Originally posted by anderjao View Post
                              I feel like the last 10 minutes was about our season in a microcosm. We slowly, methodically outplay our opponent for stretches only to completely fall apart for 90 seconds as we do nothing but chuck up 3s.
                              Don't forget the part where we give up open ones on the other end.

Comment

Working...
                              X