WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game tonight cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s an insult to 1980s basketball, we might as well of put up peach baskets tonight

Comment

This game lived up to the hype. But I’ll take the win.

Comment

We have been in two games this year where one team shot no free throws, one for us & one against us.
        Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

Stop bragging about going to the Bahamas

Comment

I wouldn't have blamed anyone in attendance if they asked for a refund.

Comment

There weren't many people there, so a refund wouldn't have cost them much.

Comment

Brought a friend along to the game last night. This was the first time this year he had seen UNI play. He kept asking me, " Don't they have an offense? Why don't they run any plays?".

Comment

I'll take a win, but I was disappointed not seeing Luke. Maybe we are saving him as a secret weapon for the mvc tourney. Right now I have a feeling the group of Hunter, Wyatt, Spencer, Luke, and Phyfe could possibly beat the regular season starters.

I'm looking over stats from this season. I still can't get over what happened to this team. We basically played 6 guys that entire first tourney.

Crazy to think that at 5-1 vs North Carolina State this team had the following stats.
                  McCloud 16 points. 39 minutes played.
                  Pickford 18 points 18 rebounds. 37 minutes.
                  Brown 10 points 35 minutes.
                  Klint 2 points. 37 minutes
                  Koch 16 points 29 minutes.

And the talk was all about Wyatt and Hunter are still coming to help.

The only thing I can see in the stats is that we beat a good UNLV team and Koch and Carlson both went off for 23 and 30 points. That was one of the first big games those two started having the most shots. Juwan and Pickford had the most before that game. Again vs UT Carlson had another big night. All of a sudden conference season comes around and all four don't produce.

Another huge stat is that UNI's starting post players have 108 total turnovers. I'm going to take a guess and say that most basketball programs don't have the post players leading in turnovers. (Most other programs have guards leading in turnovers from what I can see.) Interesting enough Tuttle had almost 100 turnovers during his senior year. However he had 114 assists to trump his turnovers. Plus he played in almost 10 more games that season.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                    I wouldn't have blamed anyone in attendance if they asked for a refund.
                    Maybe the free burrito promotion Pancheros is advertising will boost attendance for the final home game.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                      I'll take a win, but I was disappointed not seeing Luke. Maybe we are saving him as a secret weapon for the mvc tourney. Right now I have a feeling the group of Hunter, Wyatt, Spencer, Luke, and Phyfe could possibly beat the regular season starters.

I'm looking over stats from this season. I still can't get over what happened to this team. We basically played 6 guys that entire first tourney.

Crazy to think that at 5-1 vs North Carolina State this team had the following stats.
                      McCloud 16 points. 39 minutes played.
                      Pickford 18 points 18 rebounds. 37 minutes.
                      Brown 10 points 35 minutes.
                      Klint 2 points. 37 minutes
                      Koch 16 points 29 minutes.

And the talk was all about Wyatt and Hunter are still coming to help.

The only thing I can see in the stats is that we beat a good UNLV team and Koch and Carlson both went off for 23 and 30 points. That was one of the first big games those two started having the most shots. Juwan and Pickford had the most before that game. Again vs UT Carlson had another big night. All of a sudden conference season comes around and all four don't produce.

Another huge stat is that UNI's starting post players have 108 total turnovers. I'm going to take a guess and say that most basketball programs don't have the post players leading in turnovers. (Most other programs have guards leading in turnovers from what I can see.) Interesting enough Tuttle had almost 100 turnovers during his senior year. However he had 114 assists to trump his turnovers. Plus he played in almost 10 more games that season.
                      If our non-conference opponents had watched 1 game of MVC film from last year and double-teamed Koch, we would've lost just about all of those games. MVC teams know that the way to beat this team is double team in the paint and make us shoot 3's to win...we aren't very good at making them pay for that.

Comment

And here I was thinking that it was Farley's dream to win a game 2-0. Maybe that theory was misdirected to the wrong coach/sport.

Comment

Working...
                        X