WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game tonight cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game tonight cancelled

.......... do to lack of interest!

Well, that got your attention.

So I was thinking about this lost season and the fact that we have not really been blown out very much - maybe the UNC game was the worst (understandable). Looking at the stats, our offensive average was still +1.5 over the defensive average. Still reflective of a good non-conference run. What a tale of two seasons!

Meanwhile, Tanya and the women are doing just about the opposite - poor non-con record, conference record about the reverse of the men. They also don't always shoot it the best, but they are getting it done.

It is hard to find motivation to attend... Oh well last one for me as I'll let someone else use my tickets for the MSU debacle that is sure to come.
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Hard to think of a more inconsequential uninteresting game in the last 15 years than this one tonight.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        Hard to think of a more inconsequential uninteresting game in the last 15 years than this one tonight.
        I don't know, the chance to wear white uniforms in the 8/9 game is a pretty big deal...
        #MACtion

Comment

Predict the score. I say 68-62 purple.

Comment

Vegas says 62-57 UNI...
            #MACtion

Comment

Juwan is in street clothes, Hunter starting. Anyone know the deal?

Comment

Ryan Taylor with 10 of their 16 points, throwing up profusely in the trash can behind their bench during the under 8 timeout.

Comment

ESPN 3 just switched me over to figure skating, I was about to throw up too

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                    Juwan is in street clothes, Hunter starting. Anyone know the deal?
                    A bad back, per Twitter
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Rhodes is obviously not the most athletic guy on the floor.

But I like his decisive play. He catches the ball and does something with it. Offense looks more crisp when he's playing.

Too many of our guys catch the ball and look over the floor for 3-4 seconds. Or take 4 dribbles to nowhere. Just making it easy for the D to recover.

Last edited by Blue42; 02-13-2018, 07:18 PM.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I'm not sure this can technically be considered a Division I game. Doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

Comment

We didn't score a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game, but we got a W. This is the weirdest team.

Comment

There's winning ugly and then there's what we just did.

10 minutes without a FG.

10 made baskets for the game inside the arc.

28% shooting.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

It might have set basketball back by 3 decades or so, but with this team at this point in the season a win is a win.

Comment

Working...
                              X