WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri St - Round 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JD720 View Post

I don't know the contract or budget situation there, but it will be hard to justify keeping him. His highlight is a CIT appearance in year 3 (where they lost in the first round). Since then, they have been in the bottom half of the standings for 4 straight years and played on Thursday nigh 3 of those 4 years, including this year when they were preseason favorites.
    His buyout is rumored to be right around $75k. He's gone.

The only question is whether or not the AD goes with him.

Truth be told, I'd take him on our bench as long as he promised not to be at all involved in game planning or actual coaching and only recruited. However, he'll end up at either K-State, Mizzou or Purdue as an assistant. He's pretty hard wired into the Keady/Weber/Painter tree
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
      Jake was visibly upset when Ted launched the three. When the ball was inbounded to him, he wanted Ted to take a timeout so he could sub for him and the crowd could acknowledge him one last time. Also noticed that Paul Lusk was noticeably quiet and less animated than usual. He just sat on the bench for most of the game. Barring an MVC title in St. Louis, I think we have seen him for the last time in CF as MSU head coach.
      Are you sure that he was upset, because I heard him say when Isiah was in bounding the ball "give it to Ted" I don't know if that made let him dribble it out, but I took it as let him fire it away.

Comment

It would be silly to expect a team to commit a shot clock violation in the closing minute just because they are ahead. That's like us being upset that they are still pressing in the final minute when the game is out of reach. Unfortunately we know why teams do that, they think they can pull off an a&m miracle.

I don't really care if teams try to score again when they could let the game clock run out. The only one that ticked me off, and I can't remember the team (maybe NC) was when we were holding the ball to let the clock run out when we were losing and an opposing player stole it and took it in for an uncontested dunk. That was pretty classless.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Still wondering about Tanner L.
          Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

His buyout is rumored to be right around $75k. He's gone.

The only question is whether or not the AD goes with him.

Truth be told, I'd take him on our bench as long as he promised not to be at all involved in game planning or actual coaching and only recruited. However, he'll end up at either K-State, Mizzou or Purdue as an assistant. He's pretty hard wired into the Keady/Weber/Painter tree

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

Are you sure that he was upset, because I heard him say when Isiah was in bounding the ball "give it to Ted" I don't know if that made let him dribble it out, but I took it as let him fire it away.
              I have seats behind the bench and I saw it the same as you did. Had Brown give it to Ted specifically and I thought even saw him give Ted the "shoot it" hand motion before it was in-bounded.

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                including this year when they were preseason favorites.
                The teams picked #1 and #2 in the preseason poll ended up as the #7 and #9 seeds. Wooo, preseason polls are so valid
                Last edited by vbfan19; 02-26-2018, 08:47 PM. Reason: I forgot who won the tiebreak for 7 seed

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                  Wondering if MSU was a little P.O.ed by Ted's last 3, rather than running the clock out?

Also, we did not see Tanner L. on the bench?

MSU should be more PO'd about having their own guy's dunk blocked by Ricky Rim late in the game.

Comment

Wondering if MSU was a little P.O.ed by Ted's last 3, rather than running the clock out?

Also, we did not see Tanner L. on the bench?

Comment

Still wondering about Tanner L.
                      Infected Man Bun. Should be good for Thursday.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Infected Man Bun. Should be good for Thursday.
                        Viral or bacterial?

Thoughts and prayers.
                        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Lusk out.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...873748480?s=19

Comment

Dang what took so long?
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Looks like your Springfield friend gave you incorrect info.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

Looks like your Springfield friend gave you incorrect info.

Comment

Working...
                                X