WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA and NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU's recruiting is taking such a hit that Marshall's 2018 class - even after losing it's highest rated recruit - is ranked 45th in the country. That's highest in the AAC, and nearly 40 spots stronger than the best of the MVC in Loyola.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      WSU's recruiting is taking such a hit that Marshall's 2018 class - even after losing it's highest rated recruit - is ranked 45th in the country. That's highest in the AAC, and nearly 40 spots stronger than the best of the MVC in Loyola.
      Cool story man. How anybody can rank a recruiting class of 6 against 1, 3, or whatever is beyond me, but, yea, cool man.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

WSU's recruiting is taking such a hit that Marshall's 2018 class - even after losing it's highest rated recruit - is ranked 45th in the country. That's highest in the AAC, and nearly 40 spots stronger than the best of the MVC in Loyola.
        I am in "shock" that you are still commenting on a UNI message board.......

Comment

• Shocker fans hanging out on a UNI hoops forum in April 2018 trying to defend their team...this is fantastic.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            Shocker fans hanging out on a UNI hoops forum in April 2018 trying to defend their team...this is fantastic.
            makes as much sense as UNI fans talking about WSU.
            But as bad as everyone here thinks that WSU is, they're still quite a bit better than UNI's program. So I suppose the envy is understandable.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

But as bad as everyone here thinks that WSU is, they're still quite a bit better than UNI's program. So I suppose the envy is understandable.
              No actually it's completely different. Wichita is a school that UNI has a long history with, so to comment on something interesting going on with that school is reasonable. It is sad however that these shocker guys must be trolling every board that they have ever heard of just looking for someone to mention their team. Which is completely different than commenting on your own teams message board.
              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

You are just miserable. How about you stick to the volleyball boards and stay away from here?
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post

No actually it's completely different. Wichita is a school that UNI has a long history with, so to comment on something interesting going on with that school is reasonable. It is sad however that these shocker guys must be trolling every board that they have ever heard of just looking for someone to mention their team. Which is completely different than commenting on your own teams message board.
                  So you're saying that it is "sad" when UNI guys read the boards of other schools too?

Comment

• I think it is sad that a comment "clarifying" what is happening at a school that is no longer a conference member shows up in a thread not about that school, per se, less than 2 hours after a glancing mention is made. Yeah, that pretty much meets the definition of "sad".

Comment

Speaking truth to power is not going to win you many fans on here, but I like it.
                      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

So you're saying that it is "sad" when UNI guys read the boards of other schools too?
                        I don't know about "sad". It's more that I wouldn't understand why someone would be interested in doing that. I don't think it's ever crossed my mind to think "I wonder what "Team X's" fans think about basketball". MVC fans is kind of different in being kind of a communal site, but I don't know how someone would have enough time on their hands to go searching for bad comments about their program on another team's website.

Do WSU's fans somehow have a feature enabled that notifies them when negative key words pop up on a Valley (a conference they no longer have anything to do with) team's message board? If the answer is "no" (it is), then I don't understand why a WSU fan would be here at this time. How does that even enter into the average fan's thought process to check other boards for possible slights towards their team, then argue those slights? What a complete waste of time.
                        Last edited by 95UNIGRAD; 04-04-2018, 10:20 AM.
                        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                        - George Halas

Comment

UNI fans talking college hoops on a UNI basketball forum...

Compared to Wichita State fans coming to a UNI hoops forum to defend the Shox a year after they left the MVC...

Not remotely the same thing.

Clear enough?
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Score board:

UNI has played WSU 54 times with UNI holding a 29 to 25 advantage. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Comment

Well, good for them. Maybe they'll get out of the first round next year. Or Loyola could lose several rounds earlier and they could be equal in that way also.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                              X