WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA and NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel expense to play all non-FB sports in MWC would prevent this from happening...unless the MWC has a $5m per team revenue sharing seal I don't know about.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
      Travel expense to play all non-FB sports in MWC would prevent this from happening...unless the MWC has a $5m per team revenue sharing seal I don't know about.
      I propose we join the Iowa Conference being as how travel expenses are the only thing we should be looking at.

#MACtion

Comment

• Loyola looked nervous at the beginning of the first half. However, looking much better at end of the half. Up by 7 at half.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
          Loyola looked nervous at the beginning of the first half. However, looking much better at end of the half. Up by 7 at half.
          Ugly last 5 minutes or so. In big trouble now
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Loyola did the conference proud, no doubt. We're in control of the game and went on a bit of a drought and tensed up. Well done gentlemen.

Comment

• Sad Loyola lost. Hell of a run. Loyola was a class act throughout entire tournament.

Comment

• Wichita losing guys left and right. Their 5 star guy decommited and went to Memphis, Shamet to the NBA and they had 3 guys announce they're transferring today.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  Wichita losing guys left and right. Their 5 star guy decommited and went to Memphis, Shamet to the NBA and they had 3 guys announce they're transferring today.
                  I wanted to respond with the Seinfeld "That's a shame" gif, but the site's not letting me, for some reason. So I guess they don't even get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I wanted to respond with the Seinfeld "That's a shame" gif, but the site's not letting me, for some reason. So I guess they don't even get that.

Comment

Wichita losing guys left and right. Their 5 star guy decommited and went to Memphis, Shamet to the NBA and they had 3 guys announce they're transferring today.
                      Really??? What's going on in Wichita? Why are they all transferring?
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

The 5 star kid played AAU for Penny Hardaway. When he got the job at Memphis he obviously wanted to go there. Credit to Marshall for letting him out of his commitment.

Comment

• I wonder if Marshall is going somewhere. Seems odd something must be going on or they are just realizing what an idiot Marshall is.

Comment

• It was only a matter of time before Greggggggggg became their $3 MIllion mistake. That 'I'm rich and I'd like to tell you all about it' schtick is going to get real old when they go 16-16 the next two years. Louisville didn't even look at him. He's priced himself out of pretty much every other P5 job that isn't a blueblood. Carolina and Duke will probably come open in the next 5 years but he isn't getting a look either of those places. UCLA makes sense but their Douche-Meter would finally explode going from Alford to Marshall. Every other blueblood job is spoken for for the next decade and Gregggggg isn't a young man.

But hey, I'm sure he's getting great steaks in Greenville, NC and Storrs, CT after being the only person in the history of the world that couldn't find a good steak in Iowa.
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

Take a look back at the shockerville archives over the last 7 months or so. Things aren’t as rosey in Wichita as they want everyone to believe. I’ve seen this coming for a while based on figuring out what posters over there to trust.

They are probably still still pretty decent next year but their depth and recruiting is taking a hit

Comment

5 star guy - (actually a 3/4 star Guy depending on website) - Was released to go play not only for his HS coach but also the man that housed him starting in 6th grade. Credit to Marshall for letting that happen.

Other 3 guys transferring:
                                Keyser - Averaged 7 mpg this year after 2 years in the program. Didn't seem to be really grasping the system
                                Barney and Malone - Both walk ons that rarely played and had been in the program 2 years. Transferring elsewhere to a program where they can play real minutes for the rest of their college careers.

Not sure how you get doom and gloom out of those transfers ... Next year will be rough but that's strictly due to class imbalance. None of these guys would have made a real impact.
                                Last edited by Stickboy46; 04-03-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X