WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
    We keep taking big swings, but we keep missing. I would love to get a legit big-time guy to go along with Green for a couple years and really have a chance to do something special, but we just can't seem to land him. Certainly hasn't been for lack of trying.
    Berhow is a pretty big get. He and AJ will be as good of a backcourt as there is in the Valley for 3 years and that doesn't even mention Pickford playing on the wing with them for 2.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Reaves would have been a massive get but we have depth at guard going forward.

For the last 19 scholarship I would keep an eye on in state players like Henry, Carter, Hutcheson. And possibility of a 4 for 5 also.

Comment

• Now that this is a done deal, do we bank the scholarship or look for a grad transfer for a year?

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
          Reaves would have been a massive get but we have depth at guard going forward.

For the last 19 scholarship I would keep an eye on in state players like Henry, Carter, Hutcheson. And possibility of a 4 for 5 also.
          I love, love, love Cole Henry as a 4 for 5 and it's starting to look like Carter merits a serious look.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Cole Henry is likely one of the top college contributors in his high school class in Iowa in my opinion. Good size, moves well and is aggressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I love, love, love Cole Henry as a 4 for 5 and it's starting to look like Carter merits a serious look.
              Jack Rabbits just offered Carter. He is blowing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                We keep taking big swings, but we keep missing. I would love to get a legit big-time guy to go along with Green for a couple years and really have a chance to do something special, but we just can't seem to land him. Certainly hasn't been for lack of trying.
                This is really the only concerning part to me. It's great the staff is out there going after these players, but unfortunately the snow ball is rolling in the wrong direction and keeps getting bigger. It only takes landing one or two to get the ball rolling in the right direction. AJ is going to be a really good player. Same with Tywhon and I think Phyfe and Brown will be as well. I haven't seen enough of Biggie to have any idea at this point. I do give the staff credit though. They have struck out on several of these guys, but they keep grabbing a bat and helmet and stepping back to the plate for the next one and not settling for just anyone.

I do get a kick out of the spin zones this board can manufacture. We were all in on Chatman, then it sounded like he wasn't coming here and that was fine because we were all in on the Braun kid and how much better he would be in comparison to Chatman and then we would also have a shot at the younger Braun kid. Biggie seems to have come out of nowhere, but the board is all in on him as well, which is great. Next we were all in on Reaves and his friendship with Biggie and the team would be a force for years to come. Now he's going to OU and we are all in on Berhow(sp?). I'm not saying it is wrong or right, I'm just entertained watching it all take place with the exception of these guys signing elsewhere.

Comment

• How much is our style of play hurting us on recruiting? I doubt a majority of the players that sign with us would mention our style of play as one of the reasons they chose us, but more that it is a top mid-major with recent success, good culture, and a good coach....I could be wrong though.

Comment

• Style of play...Conference...home crowds....???

Comment

• From what I've heard, Reaves was concerned about being in a cold weather climate... and also was impressed by the "stuff" that Oklahoma had, so to speak. I also heard that earlier this week Oklahoma gave him a 24-hour deadline and pushed him to make his decision before he would have.
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                        was impressed by the "stuff" that Oklahoma had,
                        Would be interesting to do a follow up. "Would a dedicated practice facility made a difference in your decision?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

Would be interesting to do a follow up. "Would a dedicated practice facility made a difference in your decision?"
                          He would have been shown every bell and whistle.

I'm guessing stuff is more than a practice facility...if you catch my drift.

Oh well. On to the next.

Too much talent in the next year or two to get worried about this.

If we want to fill this year make one last final push at Parker Braun - though he is visiting Illinois in the next week and I'd have to imagine they are in the lead based on I don't think he's visited anywhere else.

If not Parker than bank it and push a 19 recruit.

This is how things happen. On to the next.
                          "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                          -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

He would have been shown every bell and whistle.

I'm guessing stuff is more than a practice facility...if you catch my drift.

Oh well. On to the next.

Too much talent in the next year or two to get worried about this.

If we want to fill this year make one last final push at Parker Braun - though he is visiting Illinois in the next week and I'd have to imagine they are in the lead based on I don't think he's visited anywhere else.

If not Parker than bank it and push a 19 recruit.

This is how things happen. On to the next.
                            To imply OU did something illegal to beat us out for Reaves is ridiculous.

We have about 0% chance of Braun. He has also visited LSU for sure.

I would be surprised if it isn't banked at this point

Comment

• I'm confused... Why do you guys keep saying that this staff is swinging and missing? They have 3 kids coming in this summer that had High major offers (AJ, Biggie, and Berhow). Reaves had 35 offers from mostly HM schools and UNI finished in the top 3.

You guys need to realize what the staff is doing. The roster is pretty well set. It's a great roster. They don't have to use this scholarship unless there is a kid they just fall in love with.

There are still a few kids out there that I'm sure the staff is taking a strong look at.

Stop judging the staff and the class on each individual case. Look at the total picture. UNI is in good shape for the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDB View Post
                                I'm confused... Why do you guys keep saying that this staff is swinging and missing? They have 3 kids coming in this summer that had High major offers (AJ, Biggie, and Berhow). Reaves had 35 offers from mostly HM schools and UNI finished in the top 3.

You guys need to realize what the staff is doing. The roster is pretty well set. It's a great roster. They don't have to use this scholarship unless there is a kid they just fall in love with.

There are still a few kids out there that I'm sure the staff is taking a strong look at.

Stop judging the staff and the class on each individual case. Look at the total picture. UNI is in good shape for the next few years.
                                Hype. We had no clue Biggie and Berhow were being looked at, no chance for the hype to grow. We had been reading about and watching guys like Reaves, Chatman, Halliburton, that a Sasha kid who went to Purdue, etc for a while. Seeing tweets that Jake and staff are watching them, being in their top 4-5 schools, then they're gone. Sometimes it just feels like you're all in on a guy (which in reality is never true). At the end of the day I think it was a successful spring - and I think our staff would agree.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X