WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also has a fastball that was touching 92-93. Get him with college coaching and he can run that to 95-96.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Tanner is a legit baseball player - I umpired a plate game when he pitched. Live arm but a little rough since he really focused more on hoops, or that's my assumption. I think he has a lot of upside as a baseball player. I always felt he should have went that way to start. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up playing for Heller in Iowa City. 6'7 pitchers that work in the upper 80's or low 90's aren't easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
        Tanner is a legit baseball player - I umpired a plate game when he pitched. Live arm but a little rough since he really focused more on hoops, or that's my assumption. I think he has a lot of upside as a baseball player. I always felt he should have went that way to start. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up playing for Heller in Iowa City. 6'7 pitchers that work in the upper 80's or low 90's aren't easy to find.
        If they fix some mechanics, they'll add a little more to that fastball. Kid could go a long ways if he can throw a breaking ball.
        #MACtion

Comment

I saw that Brady Ellingson is going to Drake.

Comment

Casey Schlatter announced a couple of weeks ago his intention to transfer from Drake for his last season of eligibility. He won't go far though, as he will play at NAIA Grand View in Des Moines, where his brother is an assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
              I saw that Brady Ellingson is going to Drake.
              They also signed a grad transfer PG from somewhere in the South. These are good moves by Devries. They have a bunch of open roster spots.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

They also signed a grad transfer PG from somewhere in the South. These are good moves by Devries. They have a bunch of open roster spots.
                He's brought in older guys that aren't going to embarrass themselves in the Valley. He just needs to survive the first two years until he can get some recruits in and at the same time show they can at least be competitive. Ellingson and the UAB kid should help with that. He's still got McGlynn, the Thomas kid and Kuentsling for another year so they should at least be respectable enough to win 4 or 5 Valley games and give him enough time to rebuild some talent.
                #MACtion

Comment

I would say that both Ellingson and Schlatter are going to a school that is more representative of their talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He's brought in older guys that aren't going to embarrass themselves in the Valley. He just needs to survive the first two years until he can get some recruits in and at the same time show they can at least be competitive. Ellingson and the UAB kid should help with that. He's still got McGlynn, the Thomas kid and Kuentsling for another year so they should at least be respectable enough to win 4 or 5 Valley games and give him enough time to rebuild some talent.
                    Agreed. McGlynn could be an impact player next year if they can surround him with some shooters. The guy is a good all around player at 6’8.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I believe Kuentsling announced he is leaving for his final year also, although he played very little in his four years there.

Comment

Pretty crazy Austin Reaves is leaving Wichita State. Another blow for Marshall. He would be a good get for us especially if he sits for a season.

Comment

Chris Palombizio is transferring from Oakland. I met his Dad in January and he told me he was going to transfer. When describing his son's game, he sounded a lot like Klint Carlson (wasn't used that way at Oakland) I hyped UNI, not sure if he's good enough for us or not.

Comment

Looks like UNI has made contact with Reaves along with
                            Maryland, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Butler,
                            Tennessee, Oklahoma, UNI, Iowa State, Michigan, Auburn and about 9 other schools. He is from Arkansas so maybe he wants to be closer to home.

3 replies 44 retweets 76 likes

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
                              Pretty crazy Austin Reaves is leaving Wichita State. Another blow for Marshall. He would be a good get for us especially if he sits for a season.
                              That's a shame.

They've had 9 scholarship players leave, for one reason or another. As well as their best recruit. Almost makes me feel bad for them. Almost.
                              Last edited by sevelev711; 04-19-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
                                Cue Shocker fan who will proclaim that they'll be better than last year and his departure won't hurt them at all.
                                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                                - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                                X