WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
    Pretty crazy Austin Reaves is leaving Wichita State. Another blow for Marshall. He would be a good get for us especially if he sits for a season.
    Starting to wonder what happened after that loss to Marshall.

When kids like this start to transfer...somethings up.

I thought the Shamet to NBA move was weird...but this one is really hard to rationalize.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Starting to wonder what happened after that loss to Marshall.

When kids like this start to transfer...somethings up.

I thought the Shamet to NBA move was weird...but this one is really hard to rationalize.
      Did Shamet hire an agent?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Did Shamet hire an agent?
        Yes, he's gone for sure.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
          Looks like UNI has made contact with Reaves along with
          Maryland, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Butler,
          Tennessee, Oklahoma, UNI, Iowa State, Michigan, Auburn and about 9 other schools. He is from Arkansas so maybe he wants to be closer to home.

3 replies 44 retweets 76 likes
          That would be great, but I'd be shocked if he ends up here. I'd think he's going to get some pretty decent offers. Imagine the difference in coaches if he were to come here though. Greggggg and Jake are like polar opposites.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

There are so many reasons Reaves could have wanted to leave Wichita. They lost so many players, there could understandably be conflicts with the coach, and he hasn't always received the best fan support - the WSU student newspaper ran a column saying he should be benched. I can't blame him for leaving

Comment

I'd LOVE to have him as we could spread the floor something fierce, however, I've seen that its all but certain he's headed to Arkansas State. That's home for him, he almost went there out of HS and that's always kind of where he wanted to be.

Markis McDuffie is going to have to average 25 and 15 for them next year.
              #MACtion

Comment

According to an article I read today, they have 4 players total returning. Those players accounted for 11% of their total minutes on the floor last year. That's lower than any percentage Marshall has had by about 20% (and that previous low mark was a decade ago). How quickly they've fallen.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                  According to an article I read today, they have 4 players total returning. Those players accounted for 11% of their total minutes on the floor last year. That's lower than any percentage Marshall has had by about 20% (and that previous low mark was a decade ago). How quickly they've fallen.
                  Lucky for them the AAC will be bad. So they should still win a decent number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                    That is amazing. Perhaps once-and-for-all, we are going to see what Marshall can do. And what the fans really think of him.

Comment

Goodman said Reaves is visiting UNI this week.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewDog View Post
                        Goodman said Reaves is visiting UNI this week.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...12395016065029
                        Wow, that would be a great pick up but I don't see us getting him. We would already have Bertow, Haldeman, Brown and Pickford playing the 2 or 3. Where would the playing time come from?

Comment

I think our chances of landing him are slim, but if he did come here that would be outstanding on many many levels.

Comment

Anyone else heard rumors on Pickford? I'm hearing from a couple individuals he may be looking to leave...
                            I am really hoping there is nothing to the rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                              Anyone else heard rumors on Pickford? I'm hearing from a couple individuals he may be looking to leave...
                              why in the world would he want to transfer? that would not be good for our program.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                                If he's looking to leave, he's doing a good job hiding it. He retweeted all the recruiting commits when they signed a couple weeks ago. Towards the end of the season he tweeted something along the lines of, "I'm right where I want to be".

Comment

Working...
                                X