WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
    Not that it makes much difference, but the kid that OK moved on to... chose Ol Miss. So OK remains in the hunt.
    I would think Reaves would have known Oklahoma was looking at other players. If he really wanted to go there, wouldn't he have felt some urgency to make a decision to avoid losing the scholarship?

Comment

• Yeah. I agree. We are hoping that Austin sees friendship/good fit over brass ring (B1G, Purdue is a good program, but not the blue-[ish] blood that Mich is).

Comment

• Austin's dad grew up in Indiana. There is your Purdue connection.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Austin's dad grew up in Indiana. There is your Purdue connection.
          Played at Ark State. Boom. Broke you Purdue/Indiana connection lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
            Played at Ark State. Boom. Broke you Purdue/Indiana connection lol.
            His dad (Brian) played against Matt Painter in High School.

Connection back on.
            #MACtion

Comment

His dad (Brian) played against Matt Painter in High School.

Connection back on.
              Against. Mortal enemies. So much so he moved to Arkansas for college and stayed there.

Wouldn’t let his son play for his enemy.

Connection back off.

Comment

• Double post
                Last edited by clenz; 05-11-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Against. Mortal enemies. So much so he moved to Arkansas for college and stayed there.

Wouldn’t let his son play for his enemy.

Connection back off.
                  Austin digs Black and Gold.

Connection back on.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Austin digs Black and Gold.

Connection back on.
                    Yellow gold. Not old gold.

Connection off

Comment

• I think he’s sick of black and gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                        News we’ve been waiting for but didn’t want to hear...
                        Former Wichita State Guard Austin Reaves will be visiting Purdue May 10th/11th and Michigan May 12th/13th. The Combo Guard should decide in the next 2 weeks.
                        If his visit at Purdue is over and we haven't heard anything yet, can we assume he is, indeed, taking the visit to Ann Arbor?
                        Either way we should hear something soon.

Comment

• Michigan not listed in his top 4. An Iowa state visit seems more likely.
                          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• He's done with visits. I'd expect a decision by the end of the week.

I think it'll be us or Purdue. I'd be surprised if it's OU and shocked and livid if it's Iowa State.

Note, the anger would not be directed at the kid. I'd just like someone to explain to me how Iowa State can be pulling the talent they are legitimately.
                            #MACtion

Comment

He's done with visits. I'd expect a decision by the end of the week.

I think it'll be us or Purdue. I'd be surprised if it's OU and shocked and livid if it's Iowa State.

Note, the anger would not be directed at the kid. I'd just like someone to explain to me how Iowa State can be pulling the talent they are legitimately.
                              I hear you. Part of it is the up tempo brand of ball they play. It doesn’t seem like Prohm has changed much from Hoiberg’s system. It’s fun to watch, and has to be fun to play. More importantly, it also allows the players to show prospective scouts their ability to play in an up tempo system against good athletes. NBA, G League, Europe, whatever.

i’ve never heard any ISU is cheating rumors, although many P5 programs probably have some shady stuff going down. College sports is a cesspool.

Comment

• ISU also wins at a fairly high level, they have a great home court, and are a very good school. It doesn't seem that shocking to me. I'm counting on the fact that they don't have any scholarships available. I don't see Wiggington going pro, so unless they are expecting a transfer out of the program that should leave Purdue as the toughest school to beat out.
                                "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                                X