WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xavier's head coach Chris Mack is headed to Louisville. I wouldn't touch that program with a 10-foot poll until the NCAA sanctions come down but whatevs

Comment

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
      Xavier's head coach Chris Mack is headed to Louisville. I wouldn't touch that program with a 10-foot poll until the NCAA sanctions come down but whatevs
      He's got 28 Million guaranteed reasons to take that job.
      #MACtion

Comment

Do we have any more games scheduled with Xavier?

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
          Do we have any more games scheduled with Xavier?
          No. This year was the back half of a two year deal.
          #MACtion

Comment

DeVreis to Drake.

Comment

Overall a good hire on their part, glad to see him get his chance

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                LOL I was just checking out the D+ message board to get their thoughts on the DeVries hire, this is my favorite...

Really just waiting for the official word? Let's get down where the rubber meets the pavement. We don't have a choice but to trust Marty and I believe we can. DeVries has shown himself as a big time success in college basketball. He WANTS to be the Drake coach and he will the type of guy who will be more loyal than Jacobson. I know a handful of UNI donors who claim Jacobson is intimidated by DeVries and very jealous him. I guess DeVries is smarter, speaks better, more handsome, better character, much better recruiter and Xs & Os type coach ... flat out, just a more solid man that Jacobson can ever dream of being. ... Part of the issue with Drake over the years are all the folks who try to be armchair administrators, coaches, and sometimes players. We need to mature as a fanbase and put trust in the program, it's not easy when a school you love hires such a communist gizburp'n scumbag like Maxwell for decades of abuse to the men's program. It is time to trust, I think we can get behind DeVries and support him.

Dude is either trolling or a complete idiot

Comment

LOL I was just checking out the D+ message board to get their thoughts on the DeVries hire, this is my favorite...

Really just waiting for the official word? Let's get down where the rubber meets the pavement. We don't have a choice but to trust Marty and I believe we can. DeVries has shown himself as a big time success in college basketball. He WANTS to be the Drake coach and he will the type of guy who will be more loyal than Jacobson. I know a handful of UNI donors who claim Jacobson is intimidated by DeVries and very jealous him. I guess DeVries is smarter, speaks better, more handsome, better character, much better recruiter and Xs & Os type coach ... flat out, just a more solid man that Jacobson can ever dream of being. ... Part of the issue with Drake over the years are all the folks who try to be armchair administrators, coaches, and sometimes players. We need to mature as a fanbase and put trust in the program, it's not easy when a school you love hires such a communist gizburp'n scumbag like Maxwell for decades of abuse to the men's program. It is time to trust, I think we can get behind DeVries and support him.

That is one of the most idiotic things I've read on a message board. I want so badly to support Drake because a better Drake = a better Valley. I also know Darian and his wife personally, and my husband grew up in AP with him. I want the best for him.

But some of their fan base. Woof.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

DeVries is already scrubbed from the Creighton MBB page. Hearing that Greg's other assistant Preston Murphy may be Rhode Islands next coach.

Comment

Drake does have one of the most delusional and low basketball IQ fan bases, I laugh when I watch a game of theirs on tv or go to the Knapp Center and see some of them in action.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                        Drake does have one of the most delusional and low basketball IQ fan bases, I laugh when I watch a game of theirs on tv or go to the Knapp Center and see some of them in action.
                        IDK, West Chicago suburban CC is running neck and neck.

Comment

I don't think this is an either/or situation. I would say troll and idiot both fit nicely.
                          Last edited by domedays; 03-29-2018, 10:20 AM.
                          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Ali is going to CSU

Comment

Nice that Coach Jake is the obvious comparison for character, brains, and "solid man"ishness. Nobody says, "Our new coach EVERY BIT the great guy that Fran McCaffrey is!"

Comment

I'm going to go with both

Comment

Working...
                                X