WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
    Go look at Illinois State schedule. They have Florida Gulf Coast, Lindenwood (D2), BYU , Ole Miss, and Cleveland State AT HOME.

Don't tell me it can't be done.
    Some facts on that--

FGCU is the back end of a home and home that came from their MTE two years ago like we did with Xavier and are doing with ODU.

BYU is a home and home. Good on them for getting that one

Ole Miss is the result of Muller's Twitter publicity stunt with an Ole Miss coach that has since been fired. Notice how no other P5s even looked at it.

Cleveland State is a buy game that isn't as good as Grand Canyon or Stony Brook
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Some facts on that--

FGCU is the back end of a home and home that came from their MTE two years ago like we did with Xavier and are doing with ODU.

BYU is a home and home. Good on them for getting that one

Ole Miss is the result of Muller's Twitter publicity stunt with an Ole Miss coach that has since been fired. Notice how no other P5s even looked at it.

Cleveland State is a buy game that isn't as good as Grand Canyon or Stony Brook
      Don't let something silly like context get in the way of ranting.

Comment

• I think that we need to pull some sort of social media stunt. Challenge Iowa State, that we will go to Hilton but from then on the winner hosts the next year. Put it on Pollard and Prohm. If we got it out there Des Moines and Cedar Rapids media would get ahold of it and put pressure on Iowa State.

Comment

• 3 Appearances on the MVC-TV Network this year (FSN Midwest/NBC Sports Chicago)

Both games with Drake and the game at Valpo.

We gotta win games this year. Being on TV is vital to recruiting and I'm thinking this is the least we've been on 'real' TV in 10 years.
          #MACtion

Comment

• That’s what happens when you get 9th.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• ODU (finally) released their game times and TV plans today.

That pretty much makes everything in the original post official but of course times and networks are subject to change.

Looking as though there won't be any video coverage of the US Bank Stadium Classic so might as well get a ton of purple in that building. Every seat is going to be terrible but you can catch 2 games for $13 plus fees. Hotwire has some really good deals to stay out by the Mall and taking the train downtown is as easy as it gets.

I'll also warn everybody in advance that its going to cost you $30 to watch the Paradise Jam. Flo tends to be really good quality in everything (except wrestling) but it is pricey. Its the real downside to that tournament.
              #MACtion

Comment

Looking as though there won't be any video coverage of the US Bank Stadium Classic so might as well get a ton of purple in that building.
                Well sure, they're doing this to make sure they have a handle on the logistics for the Final Four, which as we all know won't be televised in any capacity.

Also, looking at the pricing, who the F**k do they think is showing up? 98 dollars for good seats? For mid major schools? That are all about 3 and a half hours away from the town? That don't have a ton of alumni in the town? Come on, now.
                Last edited by sevelev711; 10-16-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  I think that we need to pull some sort of social media stunt. Challenge Iowa State, that we will go to Hilton but from then on the winner hosts the next year. Put it on Pollard and Prohm. If we got it out there Des Moines and Cedar Rapids media would get ahold of it and put pressure on Iowa State.
                  I'm an ISU fan, and I've said many times on here and on CF that I'd still like to do the home/home with UNI. I would like to do it for no other reason than it's a fun noncon game and I'm for fun over anything else.

Unfortunately, I think conferences like the MVC are going to start getting squeezed big time. I don't know any other way to state it. Under Prohm, they've played 12 noncon games every year. You have the SEC challenge and the Big East challenge. ISU and Iowa are going to play. They're going to play an exempt tourney. They are probably going to try and get one more P5 home/home (like they have with Mizzou right now, and Cincy before that). That's 8 games right there. That only leaves 4 more, and they are 100% going to be buy games they can force the teams into the windows that best fit their schedule.

Sounds like the Big 10, ACC, and SEC are all going to 20 conference games. There are just going to be a lot, LOT fewer games to actually schedule happening. This is IMO a good thing for college basketball, but a really bad thing for mid-majors, and I just don't know what else there is to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BryceC View Post

Sounds like the Big 10, ACC, and SEC are all going to 20 conference games. There are just going to be a lot, LOT fewer games to actually schedule happening. This is IMO a good thing for college basketball, but a really bad thing for mid-majors, and I just don't know what else there is to do.
                    “This is a good thing for college basketball - I mean, yeah it sucks super hard for for about 275 of the 351D1 schools, BUT ITS GOOD FOR COLLEGE BASKETBALL.....right? Heck yeah, dude!

Comment

• Wartburg, UIU, Bemidji and Arlington are all officially assigned to ESPN+.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Wartburg, UIU, Bemidji and Arlington are all officially assigned to ESPN+.
                        what's the difference between ESPN+ and ESPN3 or WatchESPN?

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

what's the difference between ESPN+ and ESPN3 or WatchESPN?
                          Just another way ESPN can jack an extra $5/month from us.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Just another way ESPN can jack an extra $5/month from us.
                            That's a very concise answer

WatchESPN was an app that has been overhauled and is now just ESPN. On that app, once linked to a cable subscription you can watch the various ESPN cable channels, plus other events not generally available on those channels, including a lot of UNI/MVC stuff. ESPN3 events are no extra charge; ESPN+ events (which a lot if not most MVC games are on now) have a monthly fee of $4.99/month. Quality is still variable, at least for me. Most games I watch start stuttering at some point, but it's fixable by restarting the app. Production values at all the different schools can be variable. A few baseball & softball games last spring were just one non-moving camera behind the plate, with either no sound or else a local radio station's audio. Basketball & volleyball are generally good.

I had held off on ESPN+ due to bugs with the ESPN app on my Roku, but since I've finally gotten it, I think it's a decent value as is (though not as good as free). My guess is it won't remain at $4.99 for too long.

Comment

• All ESPN3 and ESPN+ assignments were released today except for the last day of the regular season. Its a mix for everybody with no apparent rhyme or reason for which game is available on which service.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Well sure, they're doing this to make sure they have a handle on the logistics for the Final Four, which as we all know won't be televised in any capacity.

Also, looking at the pricing, who the F**k do they think is showing up? 98 dollars for good seats? For mid major schools? That are all about 3 and a half hours away from the town? That don't have a ton of alumni in the town? Come on, now.
                                My guess is they asked the UNI AD what they thought they could charge. NDSU and UNI alone is worth $60+

Comment

Working...
                                X