WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only complaint is that the "paint" is hardwood colored. I appreciate a little color in that area. Other than that, good stuff. They also got the 4th tooth colored in.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
      Almost a shame to tape it up for VB
      hey, some people want more color on the court. They could have put the volleyball court on there permanently in purple paint (with the logo in the middle of it). Then no need to put down tape lines.
      (yes, I'm kidding. I know people would whine about that too)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
        (yes, I'm kidding. I know people would whine about that too)
        Whining on Panther Nation. Nope. Never happens. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by HellSloth View Post
          My only complaint is that the "paint" is hardwood colored.
          My only complaint is that the Casey's logos on the court are constant reminders that Casey's pizza is not served at UNI basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by mwatje View Post

My only complaint is that the Casey's logos on the court are constant reminders that Casey's pizza is not served at UNI basketball games.
            if they did, it would be like $5 a slice.

Comment

Originally posted by mwatje View Post

Mmmmmm .... Casey's breakfast pizza.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Of note, on the Support the Panthers website, the "McLeod Center Upgrades" has moved from "New Projects" to "Existing Projects." Makes sense, since the four major points of that were:
                • Upgrade the banners
                • Upgrade the floor
                • Get a hanging video board
                • Upgrade the alumni suites
                Of those four, two have been done, so I wouldn't be surprised if that new video board comes in sooner rather than later.

Comment

Everything on that list is attainable in the next 5 years or it wouldn't be on there.

A Center Hung Video/Score Board would improve the atmosphere in there 10-fold the minute its up. I know its something Rick really wanted when they built the place but he just simply ran out of money. It's actually pretty amazing how nice of a facility we have with the amount of money spent on it. The practice facility is going to cost more than the arena did. We give Rick crap for spending like a drunken sailor on leave but on this project he did a hell of a job.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Everything on that list is attainable in the next 5 years or it wouldn't be on there.

A Center Hung Video/Score Board would improve the atmosphere in there 10-fold the minute its up. I know its something Rick really wanted when they built the place but he just simply ran out of money. It's actually pretty amazing how nice of a facility we have with the amount of money spent on it. The practice facility is going to cost more than the arena did. We give Rick crap for spending like a drunken sailor on leave but on this project he did a hell of a job.
                    Totally agree - the video board would make the game day atmosphere much more fun.
                    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                    - George Halas

Comment

Right, I'm just saying that it appears as if the video board is the next item on the docket. I'm not saying it will be up for this season, but almost certainly before the next one.

Comment

Completely agree. We have a damn nice basketball arena, and when you follow "outsiders" and visitors on Twitter during the season - they are very complimentary of it, as well.
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Another picture of the new floor, I'm definitely coming around. Can't wait for the next volleyball home game to actually see what it looks like in action.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Almost a shame to tape it up for VB

Iowa State got a new floor just for volleyball. Not sure if it goes over the basketball court or in place of it.

Comment

I saw that, looks sharp. I wonder if one of those is in our future. From what I read its been going over the BB court, but can be installed on its own over the concrete. Seems like a lot of schools are having their VB teams play in facilities other than their main arenas, and in those cases they often have those dedicated VB floors.

Comment

I saw that, looks sharp. I wonder if one of those is in our future. From what I read its been going over the BB court, but can be installed on its own over the concrete. Seems like a lot of schools are having their VB teams play in facilities other than their main arenas, and in those cases they often have those dedicated VB floors.
                                Would love to see UNI get such a floor, but I doubt it will ever be in the budget.
                                Also would like to know if players had a preference on playing on a Taraflex floor (like ISU and Creighton are getting), vs. playing on wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X