WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclonefanatic lists Kyle Green as a name to watch for vacant assistant job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O O
    ___

Don't write that. (But...yeah)

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
      Anyone else feel like the Rockets are successfully running a version of the UNI offense?
      I feel like we do much less ISO. But that could go up now with AJ.

Comment

I know Chris Williams pretty well. There are a lot of things that he could do to gain clicks that would be much more effective that starting a rumor about Green being a prospect for Prohm's staff! It is possible that he is poking the Panther, but I think I know him well enough to know that there is something real to the story. Admittedly, it seems far-fetched and I'm certainly not expecting him in Ames. Maybe it is just a bargaining ploy by Green.

Comment

I don’t think it will happen but...... ISU needs to hurry up and hire a coach not named Green.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
            I know Chris Williams pretty well. There are a lot of things that he could do to gain clicks that would be much more effective that starting a rumor about Green being a prospect for Prohm's staff! It is possible that he is poking the Panther, but I think I know him well enough to know that there is something real to the story. Admittedly, it seems far-fetched and I'm certainly not expecting him in Ames. Maybe it is just a bargaining ploy by Green.
            Green litterally just got a promotion and raise less than a year ago. What bargaining ploy does he need or have after a sub .500 season at a school he’s been at for 15 of the last 17 years of his life.

Using a photo of Kyle to promote that article and even listing him at all is 100% click bait to drive extra clicks to his site - specifically from Panther fans that wouldn’t ever click his site.

In terms od clicks about an open assistant coaching position there was like 4 names he could have chosen that would have gotten more clicks, and that would be too far up the line of absurdity that it would create anti click sentiment. Kyle was the #1 “realistic” option that would generate clicks.

Shocking that the Cyclone white knights of this forum are out in full force yet again.
            Last edited by clenz; 05-29-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Green litterally just got a promotion and raise less than a year ago. What bargaining ploy does he need or have after a sub .500 season at a school he’s been at for 15 of the last 17 years of his life.

Using a photo of Kyle to promote that article and even listing him at all is 100% click bait to drive extra clicks to his site - specifically from Panther fans that wouldn’t ever click his site.

In terms od clicks about an open assistant coaching position there was like 4 names he could have chosen that would have gotten more clicks, and that would be too far up the line of absurdity that it would create anti click sentiment. Kyle was the #1 “realistic” option that would generate clicks.

Shocking that the Cyclone white knights of this forum are out in full force yet again.
              If he's doing it for clicks it was a poor job because there it's one of the least clicked threads currently on the frontpage of MBB.

He's said he has sources saying he'll be a candidate. He could be straight lying, but I don't get the appeal of that.

I doubt he comes to ISU, and quite frankly as an ISU fan I would be extremely skeptical of the hire.

Comment

Opinion: I don't think he's going to ISU
                Fact: He would double his salary
                Opinion: Because of this despite the optimism here I am waiting unttil ISU hires someone else to fully believe he's staying and not being royally hosed again.

Comment

Originally posted by BryceC View Post

If he's doing it for clicks it was a poor job because there it's one of the least clicked threads currently on the frontpage of MBB.

He's said he has sources saying he'll be a candidate. He could be straight lying, but I don't get the appeal of that.

I doubt he comes to ISU, and quite frankly as an ISU fan I would be extremely skeptical of the hire.
                  Clicks on a forum thread are not what he would be after. He’s be after clicks in his article - which I’m sure he certainly got.

He admitted to writing the entire thing - finding the names, writing and publishing, in 45 minutes while on vacation. His sources sure got to him quick on Kyle then. If it wasn’t about driving clicks he would have used a photo of the guy that actually has long ties to Prohm. Not the guy that is going to drive a few hundred clicks from a fan base that wouldn’t otherwise read it with no connections to Prohm or ISU.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                    Clicks on a forum thread are not what he would be after. He’s be after clicks in his article - which I’m sure he certainly got.

He admitted to writing the entire thing - finding the names, writing and publishing, in 45 minutes while on vacation. His sources sure got to him quick on Kyle then. If it wasn’t about driving clicks he would have used a photo of the guy that actually has long ties to Prohm. Not the guy that is going to drive a few hundred clicks from a fan base that wouldn’t otherwise read it with no connections to Prohm or ISU.
                    He has said he has multiple sources on it and confirmed it again today despite the fact that a lot of ISU fans are lukewarm at best or doubt the veracity of it. So you're saying he's lying to drive clicks to the site.

I'm saying if he's lying, he could lie about something else to drive a lot more clicks.

Comment

Time has a way of clarifying these things. In a year or so, we will know what was true about this story. And I'm quite confident that it is not just Chris Williams using click-bait (hint something about raiding Fran's staff and he would have 100x the clicks). Over time, his stories like this have proved to have merit. Perhaps not Green using it to negotiate, but Prohm using Williams to let Green know that he is really interested or Prohm trying to use Green as leverage for the guy he really wants.

- signed, Cyclone Cardinal Knight

Comment

Heh. Like anybody would be raiding Fran's staff

Comment

Randy Peterson wrote a column in the DMR last week about the ISU vacancy. KG’s name appeared nowhere. Randy has proven to be extremely connected at ISU, typical of a college sports media a$$ kisser journalist.

The front runner for the job is Prohm’s former assistant at a school out east (name escapes me).

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                            Randy Peterson wrote a column in the DMR last week about the ISU vacancy. KG’s name appeared nowhere. Randy has proven to be extremely connected at ISU, typical of a college sports media a$$ kisser journalist.

The front runner for the job is Prohm’s former assistant at a school out east (name escapes me).
                            University of Dayton.

Comment

Now that Wigginton is coming back, they've let go of their dreams of poaching AJ on CyFan but it wasn't about clicks. At all.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Welp...Kyle posted a photo of the team in the weight room this morning. That means 1 of 2 things.

1. He's not taking a job at Iowa State

or

2. He's taking a job at Iowa State but going to work as a spy for a while first

However, he didn't use the hashtag #Family that all basketball related tweets have been using. Maybe that means he doesn't consider it family, and his family isn't actually there because he is in Ames because AJ wasn't in the picture.

Pickford wasn't pictured....so....take from that what you will.

Last edited by clenz; 06-04-2018, 05:09 PM. Reason: trololol

Comment

Working...
                                X