WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conference USA Is Completely Revamping Its Conference Schedule Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference USA Is Completely Revamping Its Conference Schedule Setup

Any thoughts on this coming to the MVC? I think it can backfire just as muhc is improve a teams record.

Link:

There's no need with 10 teams and the full home/away round robin. I'm curious to see how it works for CUSA and I like it as an option if we expand, though.

Comment

Go to 14 and institute this immediately. Brilliant way to play the numbers to get an extra bid. Long term I could see five leagues teaming up and institutiing this together. Imagine if you win the Valley and then your last four games are against the first place teams in the A10, CUSA, WCC and Mountain West, Amazing RPI boost for the top 5 teams in every league.

I've always been very, very pro expansion but this idea makes me lean that way even harder. Get Murray, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota State and Wright State and get this done (assuming Belmont, SLU and Dayton are all still in the no column)
      #MACtion

Comment

It's worth a shot. Worst thing that happens is you still only get one bid.

The only thing that bothers me is you might only play someone from your conference once. Of course that already happens in the larger conferences.
        "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

I think conferences should be required to have full home/away round robin scheduling in basketball, and should be capped at 11 teams per conference.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            I think conferences should be required to have full home/away round robin scheduling in basketball, and should be capped at 11 teams per conference.
            And I farted on the set of the Blue Lagoon. BFD
            Billy Dee says it's time to drop cable like a three-foot putt...

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              I'm sure the Power 5 conferences would love that idea and start kicking teams out of their 12+ team conferences to accommodate this

Comment

How much better would the bracket busters have been if it was a 2 game event instead of one (with future return date). Sort all the teams in order of RPI. Everyone gets 1 home game and 1 away game (no set home teams at beginning of year).

#1 vs #2
                #1 @ #3
                #2 @ #3
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
                X