WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tywon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tywon

Anyone know what's going on with him. He has a tweet saying God is good. Now Isaiah has a tweet saying minor setback for a major comeback in response.....seems like a injury of some type occured.

Also I know the names spelled wrong....damn auto correct

Comment

My boys are at UNI basketball camp this week. Pickford is in a walking boot and riding around on one of those self powered scooters.

Comment

That screams Achilles. If that's the case, he's probably ready for league play or you redshirt him and are fine with Wyatt, Croft and Haldeman splitting those minutes.

I haven't heard anything, fwiw.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          That screams Achilles. If that's the case, he's probably ready for league play or you redshirt him and are fine with Wyatt, Croft and Haldeman splitting those minutes.

I haven't heard anything, fwiw.
          Based on the tweet I'd say it's not very serious, or as serious as they must have thought.

Comment

Best case scenario a not serious break of some kind. We've all seen how bad a sprain can be with Wyatt. If it is an Achilles, I'd be surprised if he plays next season. I haven't experienced it, but I've heard they're tough to come back from. I can only imagine it's even more so in a game of constant running, jumping, cutting, etc. With that said, the tweets do seem to be more positive than negative, or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Eh, I saw him in it like 2 weeks ago, and he was walking around on the boot. I would presume with offseason injuries, they would be extremely cautious. May be something more serious but seems like something he’s been dealing with for a while. Let’s just hope it heals fully and we get a 100% Pickford next season.

Comment

Per my wife, Pickford spotted at kids camps today out of boot and walking around (shrugs shoulders).
                Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 06-13-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Boots are SOP for any ankle and foot injury at this point - no matter the severity, or lack there of.

Consider me in the “I’ll worry if we get to game 1 and he isn’t playing” camp.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                    Per my wife, Pickford spotted at kids camps today out of boot and walking around (shrugs shoulders).
                    Wait...thought he shredded the Achilles?!?!

Need a little less panic on this board.

(I know that wasn't u UNI Kabullseye)

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I’m not even sure why he’s on campus. He transferred, along with AJ to follow Kyle to Iowa State per a completely non-clickbait headline

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Wait...thought he shredded the Achilles?!?!

Need a little less panic on this board.

(I know that wasn't u UNI Kabullseye)
                        I was just having some summertime fun. Sorry if the tongue in cheek-ness didn't come through...
                        #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                        X