WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTL & Big Four Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how much influence coaches have on schedule, but maybe McD should go find his friend hat.

Comment

• "Right now isn't in the cards" may equal "Greg and I don't want to do this right now, or possibly ever"

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
        I don't know how much influence coaches have on schedule, but maybe McD should go find his friend hat.
        Everything I’ve ever read, and seen hinted at indicates coaches have a massive influence on schedule. In many respects, the AD works for the coaches in D1 revenue sports, not the other way around. If McD or Prohm wanted a UNI series, it would happen.

Comment

• Has anybody heard Harris or Pollard talk about a possibility of playing in the Dome? The increased revenue from a larger venue might help make it financially feasible. I would love to see it happen, but I haven't even heard any report mention the Dome as a possibility.
          Last edited by UNIdad; 06-21-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• No. **** the dome. Never play there again.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Has anybody heard Harris or Pollard talk about a possibility of playing in the Dome? The increased revenue from a larger venue might help make it financially feasible. I would love to see it happen, but I haven't even heard any report mention the Dome as a possibility.
              Did you ever watch a basketball game in the UNI Dome? That was so Div 2. We aren't going back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

Did you ever watch a basketball game in the UNI Dome? That was so Div 2. We aren't going back.

Nope, never seen a MBB game in the Dome. I'm just trying to find some hope that Iowa State could play in Cedar Falls again.

Comment

Nope, never seen a MBB game in the Dome. I'm just trying to find some hope that Iowa State could play in Cedar Falls again.
                  It was just really weird. Lots of echo in there and the darkness beyond the court was discomforting, to say the least (I was only there for games scheduled at night).
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Horrible environment

**** the cyclones if they don’t want to play in the McLeod. Move on from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

It was just really weird. Lots of echo in there and the darkness beyond the court was discomforting, to say the least (I was only there for games scheduled at night).
                      But it was so darn cool when 22,797 of us watched UNI beat the Hawkeyes on 1/3/1990!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNICats View Post

But it was so darn cool when 22,797 of us watched UNI beat the Hawkeyes on 1/3/1990!!
                        One of about four times there was anything resembling a basketball atmosphere in there.

It's a horrible place for basketball. There's absolutely no need to ever play there again.
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

**** the cyclones if they don’t want to play in the McLeod. Move on from them.
                          Totally agree.

If Iowa and ISU can't handle a quality game against an in-state rival like UNI who has 7 tourney appearances in 15 years, then F them.

Go play Bryant and Texas Pan America you clowns.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNICats View Post

I've heard about UNI beating the Hoks in the Dome. Most of you seem to think you have good reasons to not have games in the Dome, but this one alone makes it something I would love to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

One of about four times there was anything resembling a basketball atmosphere in there.

It's a horrible place for basketball. There's absolutely no need to ever play there again.
                              Here's one reason: money

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Here's one reason: money
                                Money trumps atmosphere in a time of budget cuts. The only teams that would be viable are Iowa and ISU, and it would need to be a massive guarantee to make that happen. Not sure if the math works for the visitors though.

Comment

Working...
                                X