WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTL & Big Four Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    Why in the world would you cancel BECAUSE of the reseat??? That makes absolutely zero sense. Thats just creating a problem that doesnt exist and complaining for the sake of complaining.

I am giving the same amount to PSC this year and like our seats that we have had. I plan on getting the same seats or something very close, and moving on with my life. The reseat makes total sense and is being done to REWARD the fans, if you cant understand the very simple logic behind that, then you cannot be helped.
    The people complaining aren't taking the time to learn/understand why and how it's being done. I agree with you. Unfortunately, it's happening on the heels of two down years. The timing is unfortunate.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• People that cancel season tickets because of the re-seat aren't true fans anyway.

Comment

• Great pic of the Carrier Dome crowd, good for Syracuse. Interesting that their fans in the farther seats put up with the distance from the court, I wouldn't regardless of who was playing. Gonna guess if we had been regularly selling out all the permanent seats in the Dome plus the temporary floor seats, nobody would be worried about sight lines and another arena would never have been considered (that's fantasy of course). I like McLeod and think it's good for us, and don't disagree that a nice game atmosphere is much more do-able there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          Why in the world would you cancel BECAUSE of the reseat??? That makes absolutely zero sense. Thats just creating a problem that doesnt exist and complaining for the sake of complaining.

I am giving the same amount to PSC this year and like our seats that we have had. I plan on getting the same seats or something very close, and moving on with my life. The reseat makes total sense and is being done to REWARD the fans, if you cant understand the very simple logic behind that, then you cannot be helped.
          Oh. you're dead on. However, people don'l like change and heaven forbid you not get the EXACT SAME SEATS!!!
          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
            Great pic of the Carrier Dome crowd, good for Syracuse. Interesting that their fans in the farther seats put up with the distance from the court, I wouldn't regardless of who was playing. Gonna guess if we had been regularly selling out all the permanent seats in the Dome plus the temporary floor seats, nobody would be worried about sight lines and another arena would never have been considered (that's fantasy of course). I like McLeod and think it's good for us, and don't disagree that a nice game atmosphere is much more do-able there.
            Disagree. Our basketball program got to the point where it deserved a 'Basketball Facility'. The Dome crowds were also inflated due to Hartzell choosing to give tickets away to get people in there (not saying that was right or wrong, just fact). The McLeod Center could have been bigger if it would have needed to be but I'm glad Hartzell fought the temptation to make it 8500 seats as was originally planned.
            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Oh. you're dead on. However, people don'l like change and heaven forbid you not get the EXACT SAME SEATS!!!
              Nah. I've had football season Tix for 20 years and have changed seats 3 times in last 6 years as I had the chance to get better seats. Lots of folks do that.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

The people complaining aren't taking the time to learn/understand why and how it's being done. I agree with you. Unfortunately, it's happening on the heels of two down years. The timing is unfortunate.
                I don't mind the reseat, I just don't like the timing of it. This comes following two down years in the program and no idea what the home schedule will look like. I will likely renew my 3 seats, but would much rather keep my cash invested in other things rather than spending $900+ for tickets in June that I can't use until November. It seems that the renewal date comes earlier and earlier every year for some reason. We are also considering it may be worth it to just downgrade to general admission for a couple years until the next reseat and take advantage at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                  I think it would be beyond foolish to NOT play Iowa or ISU at their place for a reasonable guarantee if it's possible. Tons of fan interest, easy travel, WINNABLE GAME, typically good RPI. I have no idea why you would think we should only play there if the guarantee is double or triple the market rate for a team like UNI to play at a Big 10 or 12 arena.
                  Spite?????

Comment

Disagree. Our basketball program got to the point where it deserved a 'Basketball Facility'. The Dome crowds were also inflated due to Hartzell choosing to give tickets away to get people in there (not saying that was right or wrong, just fact). The McLeod Center could have been bigger if it would have needed to be but I'm glad Hartzell fought the temptation to make it 8500 seats as was originally planned.
                    Coach Miller had a lot of influence over the seating capacity of the McLeod as well. My dad always talks about a conversation he had with Eldon where my dad questioned Eldon's desire for a smaller arena, and Eldon was adamant that the size we got would be the perfect size for us. He was right.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

Coach Miller had a lot of influence over the seating capacity of the McLeod as well. My dad always talks about a conversation he had with Eldon where my dad questioned Eldon's desire for a smaller arena, and Eldon was adamant that the size we got would be the perfect size for us. He was right.
                      It's still a shame that we don't play on Eldon Miller Court.

That man has done so much for our athletic program as a whole and its a disgrace the way he was treated on his way out. He'd earned the right to say when and I guarantee his results over the next three years would have been better than what we got. Could have handed Mac the reins to a program that was in much better shape.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Some UNI fans seem to have very fond memories of beating the Hoks in the Dome. I'll side with them and hope (the kind of unrealistic hope that fans sometimes have) that UNI could have a chance to do the same with the Cyclones. Keep hope alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                          Some UNI fans seem to have very fond memories of beating the Hoks in the Dome. I'll side with them and hope (the kind of unrealistic hope that fans sometimes have) that UNI could have a chance to do the same with the Cyclones. Keep hope alive!
                          The Dome/Hawk win was 29 years ago. A very different time in the history of both both programs. We are much more peers today than we were then.

As for the Clones...given we've beaten them somewhat routinely during Jake's tenure, it is just not the event you want to make it out to be. Again, we are much more peers than we once were.

They just won't play us in the McLeod for fear of validating that fact further.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Jake is 6-2 against Iowa State and undefeated at Hilton.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Jake is 6-2 against Iowa State and undefeated at Hilton.
                              Kinda feasted on his old boss when ISU was maybe the worst P5 team in the nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

The Dome/Hawk win was 29 years ago. A very different time in the history of both both programs. We are much more peers today than we were then.

As for the Clones...given we've beaten them somewhat routinely during Jake's tenure, it is just not the event you want to make it out to be. Again, we are much more peers than we once were.

They just won't play us in the McLeod for fear of validating that fact further.
                                If it's just not an event, why does anybody even care about them ending the series then?

Comment

Working...
                                X