WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam McDermott leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam McDermott leaving

Heard that Adam McDermott has left the team. Anyone know about this?

It's not shocking that Adam would leave, he's not looking a getting any minutes over the next two years. Interesting that it leaves us with 10 available scholarship players (one red-shirt). That's pretty thin, hope we don't have injuries. I can't remember us having an open scholarship, let alone two!

Comment

I'd be surprised. At this point it's a bit late to leave if he wants to play at another school. Plus he was just added to scholarship.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Wait, what's the other scholarship open?

Comment

Out (6): Koch, Carlson, Ted, Mccloud, Rhodes, Tanner
          In(5): Green, Croft, Berhow Biggie, Mcdermott

Comment

nothing on his twitter indicating a move

Comment

McDermott to Iowa State confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                So the furious typing I hear was Chris Williams desperate for clicks. All makes sense...
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

We've seen this headline before!

Comment

Why would he leave just months after going on scholly? Obviously he won't be playing much, if at all, but still. He knew that before he accepted the scholly.

Comment

I don't know if this is true or not...

But in the end...most kids want playing time more than anything else.

So I don't question a kid looking for a chance to get on the floor.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        Out (6): Koch, Carlson, Ted, Mccloud, Rhodes, Tanner
                        In(5): Green, Croft, Berhow Biggie, Mcdermott
                        Oh yeah, forgot Tanner left.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

So the furious typing I hear was Chris Williams desperate for clicks. All makes sense...
                          Here in dsm there is not much for sports radio so I turn him on once in awhile on way home and its rare to find any sports talk on "sports fanatics" show. A lot of beer talk, marriage advice or whatever else they feel they need to talk about. He drives me crazy with his ISU Bias also.

Comment

Talked to someone that was at advanced camp and said they didn’t see Adam Mcdermott and Trey Croft. Everyone else there.

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
                              Talked to someone that was at advanced camp and said they didn’t see Adam Mcdermott and Trey Croft. Everyone else there.
                              Trey Croft had to finish a summer class at Iowa Central to finish his AA. He isn't enrolling until the 2nd summer session in Mid-July.

And if McDermott is gone? Meh. I don't think he had a role on this team going forward and another scholarship in the 2019 class wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to us.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X