WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam McDermott leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Trey Croft had to finish a summer class at Iowa Central to finish his AA. He isn't enrolling until the 2nd summer session in Mid-July.

And if McDermott is gone? Meh. I don't think he had a role on this team going forward and another scholarship in the 2019 class wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to us.
    This is the story here. That's why we're all interested in it's validity.
    No offense to Adam, but I think we'd all rather have that extra scholly.

Comment

Jake was on OPR this afternoon, he did say that McDermott is leaving. Also said they're working on 1 game to finish out the schedule, but gave no details on who else is on the schedule.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Great kid. Wonderful family. He’ll be missed by many.

Comment

.......aaaaaaannnnnd another McDermott departs UNI unexpectedly.

We've had two scholarships accepted by McD's in the last 10 years.

Total games played subsequent to acceptance.........0.

Perhaps it's time for both parties to move on.
          Last edited by Blue42; 07-11-2018, 07:49 PM.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I'm cool with it. Glad to have a scholarship to play around with.

Comment

I feel like saying he will be missed is hard to say... he literally didn't contribute to the program. Im sure he was a nice guy. Most of them are. I'm glad we have his scholarship back so we can try to find someone that has the capabilities to help us win.

Comment

Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
                I feel like saying he will be missed is hard to say... he literally didn't contribute to the program. Im sure he was a nice guy. Most of them are. I'm glad we have his scholarship back so we can try to find someone that has the capabilities to help us win.
                saying he didn't contribute to the program may be untrue. Players that work hard and scrimmage well in practice do contribute to the team. Just because his name wasn't seen on the stat sheet doesn't mean a player didn't contribute.

Comment

I would never say he...or any other player on the roster...didn't contribute.

These kids work their butts off and help the team/program in many ways.

I really thought AM was going to add real 3 point threat to the team...with the ability to shoot it over a defender.

It just never materialized. Limited minutes...and when he did play we couldn't get him shots.

Comment

Everyone deserves a ribbon these days ... I guess you guys are right

Comment

It's still concerning to me that we go into next year with 10 active scholarship players, hope we don't have injuries

Comment

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
                        It's still concerning to me that we go into next year with 10 active scholarship players, hope we don't have injuries
                        We're okay. Miles Wentzien still exists and Haldeman can always step up and take more minutes as well.

The key for me is that McDonnell and Dahl have to at least be able to give us SOMETHING. If they can't, we're going to see tons of Zay at the 4 with Biggie and AP splitting the 5.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We're okay. Miles Wentzien still exists and Haldeman can always step up and take more minutes as well.

The key for me is that McDonnell and Dahl have to at least be able to give us SOMETHING. If they can't, we're going to see tons of Zay at the 4 with Biggie and AP splitting the 5.
                          I agree, seeing tape on Biggie and seeing AP last year, I think they can give us a lot of quality 4/5 mins; however, McDonnell or Dahl need to be able to fill in some mins. AP and Biggie can't be expected to play 30+ mins game and not be worn down or foul out. The alternative might be that Jake goes smaller with TP and IB being interchangeable 3/4s.

Comment

I have a lot of confidence in Luke providing good minutes.

We haven't seen enough of JD yet...or at least enough good minutes...to have that same confidence. It would be a big lift if he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                              I have a lot of confidence in Luke providing good minutes.

We haven't seen enough of JD yet...or at least enough good minutes...to have that same confidence. It would be a big lift if he could.
                              I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm confident in GOOD minutes from Luke, but if he can find a way to bulk up some I have no worry that he'll be capable of 5-10 minutes a game of respectable run. Dahl on the other hand is a complete wildcard! At this point I expect nothing from him. If he only contributes the second half of his senior season, well that's better than nothing.

Comment

McDonnell has done some good things in the past. I’m surprised he doesn’t play more. There must be an injury or some deficiency I’m not aware of?

Comment

Working...
                                X