WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McLeod re-seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLeod re-seat

has anyone received their invitation to re-seat date and times? I haven't seen anything yet. Changed email address so who knows?

Nothing yet. I'm still waiting, also.

Comment

Comment

My time (and explanation/instructions) came in an email this afternoon. Said regular mail to follow.
        Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

Received my email yesterday afternoon

Comment

Our time is July 31st at 6:00 pm.

Comment

I did receive mine just now. Pretty far down the list Thursday evening

Comment

Wednesday, August 1, 5:34 p.m. I don't know why this is exciting, but it is. I guess it's just sports doldrums...

Comment

Received my E-mail today. Anyone know what the reseat hours are? Do they go from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM each day?

Comment

Comment

I hope all this proves to be worth the effort. I attended every home game last year except for one exhibition. I would guess the arena averaged about 50% full; maybe with tickets purchased including no shows about 60% full. It's not like there is a waiting list to get in. If I were the powers that be, I would hesitate to screw with the current season ticket holders, some of whom have had seats they are satisfied with since the arena opened. Sometimes sitting with friends or people who have become friends over the years. All this disruption after two very mediocre years. Let's figure out a way to fill up the house and lets remember to be loyal to those who have supported the program for years. That should count for something too. If many are actually able to get better seats with the people they want to be with, then that's great. I fear that will not happen but hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Skej75 View Post
                        I hope all this proves to be worth the effort. I attended every home game last year except for one exhibition. I would guess the arena averaged about 50% full; maybe with tickets purchased including no shows about 60% full. It's not like there is a waiting list to get in. If I were the powers that be, I would hesitate to screw with the current season ticket holders, some of whom have had seats they are satisfied with since the arena opened. Sometimes sitting with friends or people who have become friends over the years. All this disruption after two very mediocre years. Let's figure out a way to fill up the house and lets remember to be loyal to those who have supported the program for years. That should count for something too. If many are actually able to get better seats with the people they want to be with, then that's great. I fear that will not happen but hope I'm wrong.
                        I agree with you, but unfortunately it comes down to who donates the most. Some will say if you want to assure your seats, increase your giving. But I believe that longevity of a season ticket holder should matter quite a bit. It shows that you're a loyal fan who probably attends most of the games. Who can say the big donors attend all the games or give the tickets away. I understand the athletic department needs to raise revenue, and I appreciate all the big donors that contribute, but I don't like seeing those that give what they can, and have for many years, get bumped from their spots.

Comment

The reseat has been in the works for at least a year, if not almost since day 1 of Harris.

An extreme number of the open seats - specifically in the center two sections (where there are a ton of them) - are corporate tickets. Help by companies that buy massive blocks and then do nothing with them outside of one or two games a year that they deem worth of using them.

The fact that people have had the same seats for 12 years now is part of the problem, to some extent. Many schools go through reseat processes every 4-5 years. A decent number do it every other year - with more than a few doing it EVERY YEAR.

Starting to put in a protocol that rewards ticket holders for using tickets, donating, and going to events such as Arch Madness or NCAA tournament games, is a good idea. Once this reseat is done I hope there is a "smaller" reseat done every couple years to keep people who are going to games in seats that they "deserve".
                          "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                          -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

We'll see what actually happens. I don't know how this solves the open corporate seats dilemma consistent with the idea of increasing giving. If a company makes a big donation and buys a block of seats that are often empty, what are you going to do about that? They are, after all, paid for and paid for by big donors, exactly the people we want to encourage. Maybe the big donors drop out if they don't get the good seats they have had previously and feel they deserve based on their PSC check. There are probably worse things than leaving those seats empty most games and I doubt they will mess with them. Why are people who have bought tickets for twelve years and like their seats or their neighbors a problem? We need about 7000 people like that, not the 3500 who frequently attend. I wish we could compare ourselves to some of the schools who reseat frequently but I wonder if they don't have more demand than supply, the exact opposite of our status.

Comment

Originally posted by Skej75 View Post
                              We'll see what actually happens. I don't know how this solves the open corporate seats dilemma consistent with the idea of increasing giving. If a company makes a big donation and buys a block of seats that are often empty, what are you going to do about that? They are, after all, paid for and paid for by big donors, exactly the people we want to encourage. Maybe the big donors drop out if they don't get the good seats they have had previously and feel they deserve based on their PSC check. There are probably worse things than leaving those seats empty most games and I doubt they will mess with them. Why are people who have bought tickets for twelve years and like their seats or their neighbors a problem? We need about 7000 people like that, not the 3500 who frequently attend. I wish we could compare ourselves to some of the schools who reseat frequently but I wonder if they don't have more demand than supply, the exact opposite of our status.

Comment

Working...
                              X