WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wartburg Exhibition Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the late sub? The radio said he isn't on the roster. I wonder if it's one of the guys that are walking on. I know Jake mentioned 3 guys on Media Day, I kind of thought they were just practice players though.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I’m going to go ahead and say after a half of an exhibition game, we’ve upgraded a PG.

Comment

Who’s #2? came in late first half.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
          Who's the late sub? The radio said he isn't on the roster. I wonder if it's one of the guys that are walking on. I know Jake mentioned 3 guys on Media Day, I kind of thought they were just practice players though.
          It says Pickford played for 1 minute lol

Comment

Actually sounds like it's Donovan Holterhaus, per Cats on the Court on Twitter
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Some noteworthy stats:

AJ played the most minutes of anyone at 17. I don't expect that to change too much over these next few years. Statistically, he was the worst shooter for UNI that half, at 4-8, 50%. Everyone else shot higher than that.

AJ and Wyatt have 6 and 7 assists, respectively.

73% from the field, 57.1% from behind the arc. Totally sustainable.

Apparently some random guy subbed in? Not sure who. Box score says Pickford, but I think the radio crew would know him.

So far, so good. I'm curious to see how this team plays when the it's close and the shots aren't all going down, but I think it'll be a while since we get that, considering the next two games are still D-II teams.

Comment

That was not Pickford. LOL. Whoever it was just two handed dunked in warmups.

Comment

This pleases me.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

LMAO Green taking and making shots from the logo. I love it.

Comment

So Donovan Holterhaus (https://twitter.com/donovanholt31/following?lang=en), looks like he is from Pella, he was a dual sport athlete, and actually won the 3A title game MVP as a wide receiver back in 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPvYcBzhe0). It appears as though he's a sophomore, but I can't find much more past that.

Comment

He's one of 3 walk on Jake took.

That was diacussed on media day.
                        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't blame them too much since they've led by at least ten for basically the whole game, but sounds like they're getting a smidge sloppy. It's a very, very small complaint, because there isn't much to complain about when a team has an 89-58 lead.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                            He's one of 3 walk on Jake took.

That was diacussed on media day.
                            Ah, yes, of course. I remember that. Though, let's pretend I don't at all remember that, where can I find out more about him, since looking up his name doesn't do much.

Though it turns out his dad went here, John Holterhaus started on the 1993-94 UNI men’s basketball team. And his sister is apparently an elite volleyball player in high school who will be coming here next year.

Comment

I love that there are not one but two centers on the team who can drain threes at a reliable rate. 102-62 at the under 8.

Comment

#5 coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X