WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unipanthers.com: "Panther Patio Back for Second Year"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unipanthers.com: "Panther Patio Back for Second Year"

• Opens for home men's basketball games beginning December 8th game with Dubuque (will not be open for February 6th game with Bradley);
    • Will open 60 minutes prior to tip. Closes at ten minute mark of second half;
    • Open to all ticket holders over the age of 21;
    • Domestic beer, craft beer, soda and bottled water served; beverages may not leave the Panther Patio;

Story:
    https://unipanthers.com/news/2018/10...cond-year.aspx
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    [LIST][*]will not be open for February 6th game with Bradley
    Is this a TV driven decision or what is behind this?
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Is this a TV driven decision or what is behind this?
      Private party has rented it for the evening. Cash money drove the decision.
      #MACtion

Comment

Sell beer on concourse on the north side. Let people take it back to their seat.

If the school needs money than by god make money.

There isnt going to be some riot.

Besides, beer sales are going to be needed in the Dome if UNI football is going to continue to be a train wreck.

Comment

The designated area may be two things -

1. Stipulations for insurance coverage
          2. Minimize labor and other costs associated with more stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            The designated area may be two things -

1. Stipulations for insurance coverage
            2. Minimize labor and other costs associated with more stations.
            A lot to that. Plus, it’s likely they can’t have the churches or Girl Scouts selling beer out of the concession stands.

Comment

Attended football game at western Illinois. See a few people with cans of silver bullets. I thought wow, can't believe they're sneaking in that beer. No, WIU sells beer and people take it back to the seats to enjoy. I didn't see abuse or a bunch of drunk idiots.

Comment

I don't understand the not allowed to leave the area. Why the hell would people with paid seats much closer to the court be forced to leave their seats empty if they want a beer
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                  I don't understand the not allowed to leave the area. Why the hell would people with paid seats much closer to the court be forced to leave their seats empty if they want a beer
                  Insurance would jump way up if alcohol was allowed everywhere instead of just the patio. To the point where UNI would probably be losing money relative to what they currently make.

Comment

Do you have proof on that?

I'm just wondering what price is and the break even point

WIU must sell about 10 beers per person to their football crowds then - which are half the size of our basketball crowds
                    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

I do not have solid proof, no, but I have been around the insurance world long enough to have a pretty safe bet.

Let me ask this, if it's not a monetary reason, what do you think it is?
                      Last edited by sevelev711; 11-04-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                        I do not have solid proof, no, but I have been around the insurance world long enough to have a pretty safe bet.

Let me ask this, if it's not a monetary reason, what do you think it is?
                        Do you really want me to be honest? It's going to get political and religious real quick.
                        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Do you really want me to be honest? It's going to get political and religious real quick.
                          If it's what I'm thinking of, then yeah, you're definitely not wrong, that would be by second choice after monetary reasons.

Comment

The money is a convient cover for the real reason - not just here but across the nation.

If money was the reason WIU, who is legit on the brink of financial disaster, wouldn't be paying all the money that insurance would charge apparently to sell beer to their football crowds that are smaller than freaking Wartburg.

I'll also add - if it's a money thing big schools are doing it. Schools drawn 30, 40, 50, 60, 100k would be sellbeg beer. The insurance cost may be high but holy crap the money from selling $8 beers to those crowds? Insane.

Teams like the Waterloo Bucks certainly couldn't do it if it was about money. They draw 75 people a night except Mondays .Why is Monday different? One dollar beers. It's liglitera the only commercial they run. It's only about beer. Not the games. And they are selling it for a dollar. They sure as hell aren't making money
                            Last edited by clenz; 11-04-2018, 03:23 PM.
                            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Insurance is the biggest cop out universities use. It's all politics and stigma.

They wouldn't have to make any adjustments to the insurance they are already carrying that allows them to sell beer in suites and at any other University event at GBPAC or any other catered event.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X