WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper Iowa Exhibition Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under 16, Panthers trail the half 10-6, but lead the game 46-30. AJ with a cool 17 in the contest. Haldeman, off the bench, meanwhile, has 3 fouls. Not a super great look.

Comment

AJ's gonna lead this team to promised land.

Comment

Our 3 new guys look really good
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Suddenly the game became a shootout, 60-44 at the under 12. Upper Iowa already has more points then they did the entire first half.

Comment

Trae Berhow has his double-double, by the way, 11 points and 12 rebounds. Doesn't count, but I somehow don't think that'll be the only one this season.

Comment

Getting considerably too close for comfort, UNI only leads by 11, 62-51. Defense has been pretty collar-tuggy this half, with Upper Iowa shooting 60% from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
                Our 3 new guys look really good
                That's been my biggest takeaway so far. We knew these three would all have pretty large loads to carry, and so far so good.

Comment

UNI and Upper basically just trading buckets at this point, good thing UNI has a large enough lead to be able to do that. 74-58 at the under 4. AJ with a healthy 27 points, Trae with 14/13, and Goldman with an efficient 8 points.

Comment

Hopefully it' just this game, but Panthers have been fouling a lot. Put UIU in the bonus about half way through the half, and double bonus for a while now, too. Walkons + Dahl in, now.

Just to clarify, those two thoughts weren't related. I can see how that can be read as "Every UNI player has fouled out so they brought on Walkons + Dahl."

Comment

Even the walk ons are pushing tempo, I love it.

Comment

Man, I wish Dahl had some kind of defense. Any kind. He's pretty dang good on the other side of the court, but he's apparently (still) unplayable because of the defense.

Comment

Was Pickford suited up tonight?
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

And that's game. 82-63 UNI, and for a game that never got closer than 11, it sure felt closer. Regardless, there was never an "Oh sweet Christ we're only beating Wartburg by 5" moment in the preseason, so I think it's safe to say that we're a better team than last year. Not that there was ever much doubt about that, but at least it's confirmed. No Pickford tonight, even in the last few minutes, so hopefully they're just being cautious and there wasn't a setback...I think I wrote that sentence a few days ago. AJ played 35 minutes, Trae played 31. Welcome to the team, fellas.

Comment

Without Pick and Phyffe I don’t think we are very good. If Jake doesn’t trust Dahl that leaves us with 7 scholarship players (and Wetstein). Biggie and Spencer aren’t getting big roles either, at least in the early going.

AJ is a stud though, and Berhow is pretty good too. Throw in Wyatt’s experience and we could be pretty good if we can get Pick and Phyffe back on the floor. The other guys are a great supporting cast.

Pick I am hopeful for. That stuff with Phyffe is scary though. He has more important priorities right now.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                                Without Pick and Phyffe I don’t think we are very good. If Jake doesn’t trust Dahl that leaves us with 7 scholarship players (and Wetstein). Biggie and Spencer aren’t getting big roles either, at least in the early going.

AJ is a stud though, and Berhow is pretty good too. Throw in Wyatt’s experience and we could be pretty good if we can get Pick and Phyffe back on the floor. The other guys are a great supporting cast.

Pick I am hopeful for. That stuff with Phyffe is scary though. He has more important priorities right now.
                                I'm pretty high on Biggie, I think it's more of an "ease into it"/"give Luke a shot" type thing. I think he'll be seeing quite a bit of minutes sooner rather than later. But you're right, we're not incredibly deep right now. Definitely going to need Pickford back and ready to go for the tourney if we want to make that Penn game less scary and/or compete with K-State.

Comment

Working...
                                X