WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opponents' games 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opponents' games 2018

Stony Brook got an overtime win Tuesday - after starting the game 0-22 (22 point deficit).
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401086312

Penn beat George Mason 72-71 but lost their leading scorer for the year with a torn patellar tendon.

South Dakota State beat Grand Canyon 79-74 in Brookings, we'll see both those teams. Both should be very good.

Old Dominion beat Navy 67-44

Utah State beat Montana State 101-71

North Dakota routed a DIII team. They play Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Arlington beat a DII team 90-66.
    #MACtion

Comment

UofSEI (our dec 15 opponent) trails to UMKC with 7min to go in the first half
      Last edited by sivert; 11-08-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
        UofSE (our dec 15 opponent) trails to UMKC with 7min to go in the first half
        I had to think, "don't the Hawkeyes play UMKC soon?" Then I got it.

We have to beat them this year. I'm incredibly pissed off we lost the Cyclones last year, in what was probably the last time we'll ever play them, we have to kick these guys in the ass on the way out. Normally I'd be content with the knowledge that they're going to miss the NCAA Tournament despite having 3 4-stars, but I need the win. Can't let Fran's decision to appear to be anything more than the cowardice it is.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot the I. I edited, but you quoted first.
          oh, and the Sqwaks have gone on a run and lead 34-26 at the half.

Comment

Well Iowa was sort of able to break it open against a team picked for last in the WAC. Good for them. Watching the second half, there were plenty of wide open looks for UMKC that just didn't fall. Coming up they're in a four team tourney with Syracuse, UConn, and Oregon, somehow I get the feeling they're going to drop one or two of those. Drake was able to beat a sub D-I school, Evansville got blown up by Illinois, and SDSU beat their opponent.

Comment

SIU down 2 to Kentucky early in the 2nd half.
              "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                SIU down 2 to Kentucky early in the 2nd half.
                Came here as soon as I saw this. I hate SIU as much as the next guy, but it'd be a pretty dang good win for the MVC. At very least, it might drop UK out of the rankings.

Now a one point lead for SIU, btw.

Comment

Meanwhile, Loyola is losing to Furman 19-6 halfway through the first.

Comment

Kentucky ended up winning by 12. SIU up by 4-5 at one point.
                    "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Stony Brook with a nice win at South Carolina
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Loyola lost by 2 to Furman.

Comment

Krutwig got fatter. Porter is still awful. They miss Richardson and Ingram like crazy.

Bracket fell apart last year and it wouldn't at all surprise me if they finish in the middle of the pack in the Valley.
                          #MACtion

Comment

University of Buffalo (who has Cedar Falls grad and old buddy of mine Tra'von Fagan on the roster) had a road win against West Virginia today. First, yay, mid major power. Second, Buffalo plays Southern Illinois in Carbondale this Monday, the 12th. That could sneakily be one of the best mid major matchups of the whole year, and would be chance for a very good win for SIU and the Valley.

Comment

Loyal falls to Furman 60-58 in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                              X