WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Game 2, UT-Arlington*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this was an incredibly disappointing game. Turnovers and shooting were just brutal. "Just like last year," which is something I never wanted to type.

Comment

• I was feeling pretty good about football and especially basketball but today was just the same crap we’ve been seeing the last few years for both. Consider my balloon popped.

Comment

• Ok ok, this was an upsetting game, but realistically, this was never an at large bid caliber team. Lots of time to improve, TONS of upside in years to come. I think this team could make a run in the valley come March

Comment

• Originally posted by skydog0784 View Post
          LOL at that last shot by Green!
          Dang, homie, you really don't like AJ Green. Your last four posts are ragging on him specifically. Yeah, he didn't have a good night, but neither did anyone else. He's a freshman in his first real college game. Relax a bit, I'm sure he'll be getting an earful from the coaches, as will hopefully everyone.

Comment

• Tough game. Surprising. I’m wondering if Biggie is ill.

Comment

• Well, at least we have football next fall to look forward to. Lol
              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

• 15% shooting from 3 pt arc and 65% from FT line.

Gotta make some shots boys.

Missed a few bunnies at the hoop too.

Like the team...liked the effort tonight...but we're built on shooting. 3-21 from arc won't get us W's.

​I think we'll shoot it much better next time out.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• that was really bad and not much positive to take away from it. AJ put up a good total in points but if we're being honest was pretty poor tonight. I sure hope people don't get on him too much and allow the kid time to grow into the role. Berhow was also pretty disappointing in his play tonight but again I have faith he will be a very very good player for this team. too sloppy of a performance to get a W. We better hope Phyfe stays healthy and gets back into playing shape because we need a big in the game to actually make other teams play us honest at the 3 point line. Pretty surprised with the lack of playing time for biggie in this game but I guess since he doesn't play with his back to the basket much it wouldn't have helped when they're playing such a small lineup. This team better step it up (which I think they will) or its going to be a long season. set this game aside and learn from the mistakes. As these guys have more playing time together this team should improve greatly over the season.

Comment

• We're really young. Effort was there.

If you didn't see improvement in the defensive end tonight, that's on you.

Everything will get cleaned up. Nothing to be discouraged about.

On to Penn.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• All through the summer, I kept telling myself that this was the last year of the rebuild that will lead to much dominance down the road. Even in the "season expectations" post I said something along the lines of "I just want to see improvement from everyone." Those exhibitions got me drinking and brewing my own Koolaid, and got me to thinking that we were contenders already. We are not.

Luckily, as someone else said, most of these issues are perfectly fixable. Turnovers will come down once we get used to playing the new offense (that we didn't even see that much of tonight thanks to cold shooting and the press) and get used to actual teams. We've got far too many shooters to shoot this poorly again. And it was AJ's first real game. It'll be better.

Comment

• Tough game for sure. UTA is a team that relies solely on athleticism and we couldn’t handle it. They will learn a lot from this game and I stlll think this could be a very good team come St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Dang, homie, you really don't like AJ Green. Your last four posts are ragging on him specifically. Yeah, he didn't have a good night, but neither did anyone else. He's a freshman in his first real college game. Relax a bit, I'm sure he'll be getting an earful from the coaches, as will hopefully everyone.
                          I understand he's a freshmen, a very good player, and will get much better. That being said, totally selfish play. In fact, I submit that the others didn't play play well was, in part, due to the lack of offensive flow. That's the PG's job.

Again, AJ will be outstanding player. Based on what I've seen these last two games, he's a 2 guard, not a PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydog0784 View Post

I understand he's a freshmen, a very good player, and will get much better. That being said, totally selfish play. In fact, I submit that the others didn't play play well was, in part, due to the lack of offensive flow. That's the PG's job.

Again, AJ will be outstanding player. Based on what I've seen these last two games, he's a 2 guard, not a PG.
                            Couldn't be more wrong. Kid's game is built on having the ball in his hands. He's the guy to step up and take the big shot and asseta himself for the next four years.

Not time to overreact to his first real game.
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Couldn't be more wrong. Kid's game is built on having the ball in his hands. He's the guy to step up and take the big shot and asseta himself for the next four years.

Not time to overreact to his first real game.
                              I'm not overreacting, it's clear just watching the game. Once again, great player. In fact, could be one of the great Panther players. I just don't see it at the 1 spot is all.

Comment

• A reminder of why our best teams have been half-court, tempo control, defense oriented.

Comment

Working...
                                X