WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Game 3, Penn*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Game 3, Penn*

Huge game, potentially one of the more important games of the season for us. Really good experienced team, will be a very tough challenge for us.

4:30 pm on Friday.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Anybody dropping the $30 to watch the tourney? So annoying that FloHoops only offers a monthly subscription, I'm probably going to stream elsewhere (if it's on) or listen on radio.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
      Anybody dropping the $30 to watch the tourney? So annoying that FloHoops only offers a monthly subscription, I'm probably going to stream elsewhere (if it's on) or listen on radio.
      Living in DSM I drop just about $30 in gas to head up to CF for the home BBall games so it doesn’t really bother me too much. I’ll definitely bite the bullet to be able to watch the team play. It is pretty annoying they only have monthly subscriptions though.

Comment

Flo is a pretty great company (outside of wrestling from what I understand). I've used them for other things in the past and have always been really impressed with quality and ease of use.

The monthly subscription is a bummer but if you're somebody that watches any random college basketball like I do, you will get all of the BTN+ games for a month too and there are a lot of them.

As for the game, 06 is right. It's huge. The backside of that bracket isn't going to be great and I'd love to have a shot against K-State on Sunday would be nice. I feel better about this game than I did last week's because Austin and Ty have had a full week of practice and they've been able to work on rotations and what not.

Penn has scored a lot of points so far so our defense is going to be the key.
        #MACtion

Comment

I honestly don't know what to expect for this game. I think that this will be a game that more closely resembles the season average. I don't think that the team will be as poor from outside the arc as they were the previous game. At least, that's the hope. I also hope there aren't so many turnovers and fouls, because that UT-A game was hard to watch, just overall. Won't touch on the importance of the game, since we all know, but I just hope that the team chemistry looks better now that Phyfe and Pickford have had more time to get back into the swing of things.

Comment

I look at it as $10 a game. A little higher than some other school's streaming sites but not outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I look at it as $10 a game. A little higher than some other school's streaming sites but not outrageous.
              Okay so when are game two and game three - potentially? Trying to decide if I should pay for this and it will depend upon whether I can watch all three or not.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

Okay so when are game two and game three - potentially? Trying to decide if I should pay for this and it will depend upon whether I can watch all three or not.
                Game 2--If we win--7:00 Sunday Night. If we lose--4:00 Saturday Afternoon.

Game 3--Monday--7th place-Noon, 5th place-2:30, 3rd place-5:00, Championship-7:00
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Game 2--If we win--7:00 Sunday Night. If we lose--4:00 Saturday Afternoon.

Game 3--Monday--7th place-Noon, 5th place-2:30, 3rd place-5:00, Championship-7:00
                  That answered my question but did not help me make a decision.

Who am I kidding? I'll be too antsy at 4:00 tomorrow to not just pay the $30.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I paid the $30. Worth it for 3 games, but still expensive.

Comment

Vegas has us as a small, 2.5 point dog this afternoon.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Vegas has us as a small, 2.5 point dog this afternoon.
                        Good to see Vegas has faith in us, more so than I do, anyhow.

Comment

Have to think that Ty goes back into the starting 5 today, and Wyatt goes to the bench, right?

Hope the guys are locked in today, Penn has a good veteran team...
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Have to think that Ty goes back into the starting 5 today, and Wyatt goes to the bench, right?

Hope the guys are locked in today, Penn has a good veteran team...
                            I would think so. Ty for either Wyatt or Trae. Both could conceivably come off the bench.
                            #MACtion

Comment

I am concerned about Ty playing too many minutes. With the short turn around between games it seems like a good way to aggravate his injuries.
                              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                              X