WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Coverage of Paradise Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Coverage of Paradise Jam

Did anyone see anything reported about any of the men’s basketball games at St Thomas? I saw no video of games just channel 7 said the scores. No coverage on any other stations or newspapers. Pretty Pathetic but nothing new in the state of Iowa
    Last edited by PanthersMBB; 11-21-2018, 02:52 PM.

I meant to say the courier had information. That’s my mistake. I meant the gazette and DM. The courier is a given for covering the team.

Comment

If this page is accurate, the only game that was covered by the Register was the one we lost. Which.....you know.....yeah.......

So either that is true or they do a poor job of updating this page.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
        If this page is accurate, the only game that was covered by the Register was the one we lost. Which.....you know.....yeah.......

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/sports/uni-panthers/
        That's cuz the DSM Register sucks balls.

Happy Thanksgiving.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Stick a fork in the Register. They are done,Pretty interesting watching that industry collapse
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/sports/uni-panthers/
            They covered the follow-up game with ODU. At least they mentioned the previous win when they posted an article about our loss

Comment

I have to believe this is the worst year for media coverage for the men’s basketball team. The coverage from the athletic department is teribble. I know we got someone new but so far no video coverage and no photos of any games from away and from the tournament. and not much from media which is pretty normal. Lack of hype doesn’t help a team. I havent seen anything to try to get fans up to Minneapolis. And I assume Rima will be with football team this Saturday.

Comment

The SID situation is a mess right now. Game notes are riddled with mistakes and missing info. The Alumni Association has done more marketing than the Athletic Department.

Not going with an SID that had DI or high major experience was a pretty massive mistake. It's got to get better and get better quickly.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
                  I have to believe this is the worst year for media coverage for the men’s basketball team. The coverage from the athletic department is teribble. I know we got someone new but so far no video coverage and no photos of any games from away and from the tournament. and not much from media which is pretty normal. Lack of hype doesn’t help a team. I havent seen anything to try to get fans up to Minneapolis. And I assume Rima will be with football team this Saturday.
                  I completely agree. Its been astoundingly bad from all corners. Terrible job by the athletic department and almost a total absense of coverage from local and state media, other than the token mention and canned write up.

Both the Courier and DMR have “beat writers” that do not even *go to the games*.

Pathetic...
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    The SID situation is a mess right now. Game notes are riddled with mistakes and missing info. The Alumni Association has done more marketing than the Athletic Department.

Not going with an SID that had DI or high major experience was a pretty massive mistake. It's got to get better and get better quickly.
                    I understand what you are saying about previous D1 experience but that doesn't mean that a high quality D2 or D3 SID couldn't have been expected to do the job well. Unfortunately it seems that expectations and accountability are missing and that starts at the top...
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

I understand what you are saying about previous D1 experience but that doesn't mean that a high quality D2 or D3 SID couldn't have been expected to do the job well. Unfortunately it seems that expectations and accountability are missing and that starts at the top...
                      You are correct there. Maybe better than a guy from an NAIA school in rural Montana and a kid fresh out of college?
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You are correct there. Maybe better than a guy from an NAIA school in rural Montana and a kid fresh out of college?
                        Touche......
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

In Sat.'s Gazette, the article from our 2nd game with OD: Headline: "Old Dominion tops Northern Iowa Again." It goes on to say, "A change in venue didn't help Northern Iowa, as it dropped its second game to Old Dominion.......Four days ago in the fifth-place game at the Paradise Jam, Old Dominion beat UNI, 54-53." Duh! This was just one of those little sideline articles they put in the sports every day so don't know who authored it, but yikes.....pretty bad!! On the other hand, at least the correspondent articles that are in the Gazette are written by Cole Bair. I'd rather have someone who actually knows something about the team than having a "beat writer" who doesn't care about covering us.....a la Jeremiah Davis, who couldn't wait to ditch the Panther coverage to cover the Jerkeyes instead. Sigh...my rant is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                            In Sat.'s Gazette, the article from our 2nd game with OD: Headline: "Old Dominion tops Northern Iowa Again." It goes on to say, "A change in venue didn't help Northern Iowa, as it dropped its second game to Old Dominion.......Four days ago in the fifth-place game at the Paradise Jam, Old Dominion beat UNI, 54-53." Duh! This was just one of those little sideline articles they put in the sports every day so don't know who authored it, but yikes.....pretty bad!! On the other hand, at least the correspondent articles that are in the Gazette are written by Cole Bair. I'd rather have someone who actually knows something about the team than having a "beat writer" who doesn't care about covering us.....a la Jeremiah Davis, who couldn't wait to ditch the Panther coverage to cover the Jerkeyes instead. Sigh...my rant is over.
                            You are really going to bash Jeremiah? The best beat writer we've had for being assigned to a different role in the paper and then subsequently laid off?? Good grief.

Also, he is a Cyclone fan just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                            X