WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Game 7, Utah St*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Wyatt was a crunch time player as a true freshman on the team that went 19-2 in the Valley and finished the season nationally ranked.
    Point still stands

Comment

• What led to Dahl getting minutes? Phyfe’s situation? It sounds like Dahl played well considering he’s never contributed meaningful minutes. Do you all think he’ll continue to see the floor in some form? It would be awfully nice if he can contribute.

Comment

• I thought Dahl looked decent (he *is* a redshirt junior), where McDonell looked overmatched against their bigs. I haven't seen every game, but to me Phyfe has looked a bit overweight and out of shape compared with last season (not that I'm blaming him, I know his health situation). Going forward, I think Dahl is a viable option against bigger, stronger teams until such time as Phyfe either recovers or is redshirted.

Comment

• Love how when the team is struggling mudafan, run and blade and hoop fan thrive. Disappear when the team is doing well. Must be the opposite of bandwagon jumpers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Point still stands
            No, it really doesn't. I have no idea how you could say that...

Comment

• I think we're counting on a lot of Freshman and Sophmores/Transfers who to some degree are still learning how to play together, learning how to defend the way Jake wants them too, and just generally coming together. Plus dealing with some injuries. I really think this team will continue to round into form as we start to get back home and head into conference play. Lots of talented kids on this team.

Comment

• The talent level is unquestionably better than it has been the past two years. We've played 6 DI games and looked really good at times and not so good at times.

If we're still this inconsistent a month from now, feel free to do whatever it is you want to do, however, right now lets give Pick a chance to get healthy and for everybody else to adjust to new roles. Still 24 games left. Season is a baby.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
                  I think we're counting on a lot of Freshman and Sophmores/Transfers who to some degree are still learning how to play together, learning how to defend the way Jake wants them too, and just generally coming together. Plus dealing with some injuries. I really think this team will continue to round into form as we start to get back home and head into conference play. Lots of talented kids on this team.
                  Spot on my friend!. I have been saying since August that this team is a year away from winning on a consistent basis but that they will still be fun to watch this year as they learn and develop. Am I disappointed with the recent losses? Sure, but it's nothing that was not expected. Take a deep breath, everyone and trust the process. If by next season they are still having road woes, then there is cause for concern.
                  "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by JagsNCats View Post
                    Love how when the team is struggling mudafan, run and blade and hoop fan thrive. Disappear when the team is doing well. Must be the opposite of bandwagon jumpers!
                    Define doing well with some dates?

already have one poster excusing the entire year.

Does anybody spend more on basketball in the Valley than UNI?

i look forward to watching Green. Until they surround him with better talent that’s it.
                    Last edited by run&blade; 11-30-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• These next two games have a chance to really knock the wheels off this team. Utah State is a tough place to play and they are playing well right now. Good chance we get it handed to us given our road woes the last few years. Then an odd game in an odd arena. Should we get shellacked tonight, trying to find a groove shooting in a cavernous stadium won't be helpful (as if we have been shooting well this year anyways). Then we only play 2 games in the next 2 weeks. Lot of practice/class time, but not the game speed needed for a young team. This could get ugly.

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You must be fun at parties...
                      Being correct is unfortunate, but this was predictable.
                      Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                      Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                      UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

• Originally posted by JagsNCats View Post
                        Love how when the team is struggling mudafan, run and blade and hoop fan thrive. Disappear when the team is doing well. Must be the opposite of bandwagon jumpers!
                        Interesting take. I'm curious what I said that has you worked up? I posted that they weren't playing uptempo right now and needed to throw the ball into the post more on offense. I believe Jake just commented after the SDSU game that they need to start getting the post players involved in the offense. I also posted they couldn't stop penetration and if they can't score and can't keep teams from scoring it will be a long year. The team then got beat by 30 points the next night out. My apologies for wanting to watch winning basketball or having an opinion that is different than yours. Going forward I'll wait for you to post and then echo your comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X