WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 8, UNI vs SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDB View Post
    We have a lot of angry people on here lol.

Canceling a $5 a month subscription to watch more games than ever before because of one malfunction? That will show ESPN 😂

Trash talking college kids who are actually working hard every day to win... I guarantee they hate losing more than you. Everyone has a lot to say behind a fake name. Probably want your picture with them if you saw them in person.

Relax.
    Its the same amount of games, it just costs money now when it used to be free on ESPN3.

Comment

Devries at Drake has a better team in 6 months recruiting a whole new team than we do.

I mean we also have no choice to give the team the benefit of the doubt and hopefully they get it turned around but its very concerning at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
        Its the same amount of games, it just costs money now when it used to be free on ESPN3.
        "free" as in you were paying for it via your cable bill.
        But since so many people are "cutting cable", ESPN has to come up with an alternate revenue stream.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
          Devries at Drake has a better team in 6 months recruiting a whole new team than we do.

I mean we also have no choice to give the team the benefit of the doubt and hopefully they get it turned around but its very concerning at the moment
          I'm damn glad we don't play Drake for several weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
            Wake up call. This is clearly an unacceptable result for this program. Far too much invested to get slaughtered by a summit team

Realistically we have far and away superior recruiting than SDSU. It HAS to be on the coaching. It's completely puzzling to lose like that. I don't want to see the talent on this team go to complete waste.

I haven't heard any press conferences but what has Coach Jake been saying about our season so far?
            From what I heard, Jake skipped the postgame presser yesterday. Clearly not happy, and he shouldn't be.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I really think the majority of us are upset with the coaches. Coming off 2 bad years, with a lot of talent, this start is incredibly disappointing.
              The point still stands. I would bet the coaches want to win more than you and are way more qualified than you to decide how to go about winning games. And I again... I doubt you would so aggressively question them to their face.

Its fine to be frustrated. Everyone is. But at the end of the day our jobs as fans are to support these guys. If you don't want to support them then don't. But if you want "better players" then show up to the games, be loud, support your team. Recruits look at message boards. They look at fan support. They are looking for a family. Families support each other.

I bet the guys in the locker room haven't given up. Still a lot of season. Would be nice if us fans would stay with them.

That's all I'm saying. These players and coaches give this game their all. Support them or don't. But don't bash them behind a fake name. They deserve better than that.

Comment

That's all I have to say. This team will get it figured out. I believe that. Too much talent on the court and on the bench not to.

Comment

You nailed it! The team and coaches work very hard everyday to get better. They need our support

Comment

Originally posted by MDB View Post

But don't bash them behind a fake name.
                    Says "MDB"

The holier-than-though posts are so much more irritating than fans upset with team performance (or, more specifically, about 20 people mad at the leading sports media company, 5 at the coach, and maybe two being absolutely realistic about the players on the court). Turn the mirror on yourself before telling others to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by PanthersMBB View Post
                      You nailed it! The team and coaches work very hard everyday to get better. They need our support
                      I walked 25 minutes from my apartment in a snowstorm and paid money to watch that game. They got my support. That doesn't mean I can't be realistic about where this team is at. It was about as poor of a performance as I can remember since the pre-2004 golden age of UNI basketball. (Find me one worse before you accuse me of hyperbole.)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                        "free" as in you were paying for it via your cable bill.
                        But since so many people are "cutting cable", ESPN has to come up with an alternate revenue stream.
                        But for those of us who haven’t cut cable we should be able to access espn+ as part of our cable subscription, just like espn 3 is. Charge the cord cutters the $5 a monthly, but don’t keep milking current subscribers for more money.

Comment

Frankly, until we get movement towards the bucket, we're going to be bad.

We've got one guy right now that can consistently get his own shot and he's played 7 college games and is already having two and three defenders run at him.

Ben Jacobson is as good a coach as we're ever going to be able to get here and he's being compensated accordingly. I totally understand that he's not a great offensive mind but the number of open shots and layups we're giving up right now screams a lack of accountability to me. That must improve immediately.

Hopefully being home for a month now will help. This team has to be better and has to be better quick. Another sub-.500 league season is unacceptable with the resources that he has.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

Says "MDB"

The holier-than-though posts are so much more irritating than fans upset with team performance (or, more specifically, about 20 people mad at the leading sports media company, 5 at the coach, and maybe two being absolutely realistic about the players on the court). Turn the mirror on yourself before telling others to relax.
                            When I made my first post I told the board exactly who I was. And I have not and will not say anything negative about this program, it's players or its coaches or anyone on this board. So I'm not hiding behind anything lol. MDB are my initials. I'm just trying to help keep the peace and keep people on the band wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Frankly, until we get movement towards the bucket, we're going to be bad.

We've got one guy right now that can consistently get his own shot and he's played 7 college games and is already having two and three defenders run at him.

Ben Jacobson is as good a coach as we're ever going to be able to get here and he's being compensated accordingly. I totally understand that he's not a great offensive mind but the number of open shots and layups we're giving up right now screams a lack of accountability to me. That must improve immediately.

Hopefully being home for a month now will help. This team has to be better and has to be better quick. Another sub-.500 league season is unacceptable with the resources that he has.
                              I know you post a lot, and seem to have some connections to those in the know in the Cedar Valley. That’s a strong statement. I don’t disagree, but also think Jacobson has a chance to get this turned around. We’ll see. Unlike those drowning in Kool Aid here, I don’t think he’s infallible.

Comment

I'm sure everybody around the team hates to lose - if not, they really should find a new profession/hobby. I agree with MDB on bashing players. Coaches imo, are fair game. They're paid a lot of money, and we have too much talent to be playing this bad. At the end of the day, they have a lot of time to turn this around, but we're moving in the absolute wrong direction right now. I've been optimistic ever since signing day, but that optimism is getting hard to hold on to street getting throttled by a Summit League team. I would think frustrations after a game like this are completely normal.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X