WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 15 Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    The Valley should be a 1/2 bid league. Lord the product went south with WSU and Creighton leaving. Ugly basketball.
    Did you forget the final four team the Valley had last year?

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

I am talking this year. It’s awful. And you know WSU and Creighton were huge blows to the league.
      Loyola was a great add.

Guess when Creighton's last Sweet 16 was? I'll give you a hint....it was 1974.

Don't believe everything you read big shooter.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Breaking news: We still suck.

Comment

Why the hell was Dahl on the bench when we couldn't stop SIU inside in the 2nd half? McDonnell just can't handle any big who has half an idea what he's doing on offense.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Loyola was a great add.

Guess when Creighton's last Sweet 16 was? I'll give you a hint....it was 1974.

Don't believe everything you read big shooter.
            CU had some nationally relevant teams despite that. They gave the conference some gravitas.

As for Loyola, VERY few people here called them a “great add” prior to them curb stomping everyone on the league last year, and making the FF.

Comment

32% from the field

27% from the arc

58% from the line

We shot ourselves out of that one. That's one we should get.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Down 1 at the last TV timeout with the ball, no made baskets the rest of the way until a meaningless layup with the game out of hand.

Down three with the ball with two minutes to go, we shoot a 35 footer with 15 on the shot clock.

Four made baskets the final 12 minutes.

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                  32% from the field

27% from the arc

58% from the line

We shot ourselves out of that one. That's one we should get.
                  Thats like half of our games since A&M.

Comment

Dahl not playing the second half is unforgivable.

Comment

I’ve been saying for some time this coach is in over his head and loves his unathletic guards. Doesn’t get bigs at all. How you can watch film of the other night and go right back to this a few nights later is unconscionable

Comment

The program fell down against Texas A&M and has yet to get up
                        Billy Dee says it's time to drop cable like a three-foot putt...

Comment

Don’t worry everybody, Coach Jake said in postgame that we played “really hard” and “well”. Everything is fine.

The last 3 years this program is 36-41 overall, and 17-21 in league play. We currently have the worst record in a terrible conference, one year after finishing in 9th place.

Truly, amazing.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I'm new to the forums but have followed Panther basketball as long as I can remember. I love my Panthers and it's not like their offense has ever been earth shattering, but it is really disappointing so far this year. Not having capable bigs and poor shooting is a really tough combo to overcome. Berhow has definitely improved the last couple games and Dahl has looked solid but it has really been a struggle otherwise. Green has obviously struggled a little to start conference play (his shot was really off tonight). Having said that, it is very obvious that his talent is on another level, and I would be willing to bet that he will win us a few games in the near future.

Go Cats!

Comment

Loyola adds nothing for St. Louis attendance. Creighton and WSU packed the place.

The Valley is horrible this year. I guess that means it’s wide open but there is no team that you want to see. I loved going to games when WSU or Creighton were in town. Now there is nothing.

I think the Valley should add SDSU and NDSU. Still have everybody play ever team twice. Scheduling must be impossible so might as well get two more home games with expansion.

Pippen scored fairly easily against UNI. I though Dahl at least had a body he couldn’t push around. I think that point blank bunny Dahl missed was why he saw no action in second half.

Fun watching Green quick dribble and shoot. He would be best as shooting guard with a quick PG that could command attention off the dribble.

Uni shot more threes tonight than Golden State usually does.

I thought the fan turnout was decent, considering the product. Way too man guys on UNI’s roster that have no business playing D1 basketball.
                              Last edited by run&blade; 01-06-2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Lehman interviewed Jake at halftime and asked about Dahl's impact on the game. To me, Jake seemed really uncomfortable with the question, like it wasn't expected or wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X