WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 19 - Valpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling we are on the cusp of a Valpo run.

Comment

If the officials that worked the Drake game were calling this one, there would be 6,000 free throws shot.

Comment

Good news is we can beat this guys with a competent officiating crew

Comment

Absurd that we have more fouls than them this half

Comment

They are in bonus and we aren’t. LOL!

Comment

That's game unless we can string together some good shots, which just isn't happening

Comment

30-15 rebound advantage for Valpo

Comment

We got it down to four and just started chucking three pointers from deep early in the shot clock. Bizarre.

Comment

Those last two possessions are what we should have been doing as Valpo built their lead.

Comment

I commented after the Indiana St game about how well we've been rebounding... not tonight. 31-16, ouch.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

We hung around but Valpo was clearly the better team today. Not having much of a post presence really cost us. Officiating was bad, as Valpo was allowed to be much more physical than us. But that wasn't the difference. Valpo was clearly better. We would work hard to get back into the game, then whenever we got it down to 3 or 4 points we would forget how we got there and just start chucking up lazy, stupid shots. Seems to be a common theme this year. No one wants to step up and make the play. We haven't learned how to finish. Valpo made big shots and big plays down the stretch. They finished.

If you had offered me a split of the Valpo/SIU road games before today I would have taken it. Hopefully we learn from this one and play better during the week in Carbondale.

It will be interesting to see if this group has enough in them to avoid Thursday. Showing small signs up improvement, but still a very long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
                          Getting whooped inside and yet no Dahl.
                          Shocking development. At one point, after the 7 ft Smits owned mcdonnell for the millionth time, jake finally took him out. Who’d he put in? Another guard. Even the announcers were shaking their heads as smits easily positions himself for an easy lay in dunk against a five guard lineup. Jake then uses his last time out and puts in mcdonnell with four fouls. You can’t make this stuff up

Comment

There it is. Valpo played pretty much perfect on offense in the second half, even better from the free throw line. Get better calls and a have a couple of those 50/50s go our way and that's a W.

I thought we fought hard

Comment

We really need to figure the post defense. Valpo must have had 40 in the paint today.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                                Is shooting 14% bad?
                                Yes, but also expected when you have no inside game, no one that drives the ball and a pt guard that doesn’t look for his teammates

Comment

Working...
                                X