WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 20--@ SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 20--@ SIU

We see Barry and the Boys for the second time already Wednesday night in Carbondale. Real scheduling quirk that we see them twice before we see Evansville, Loyola or Missouri State at all.

They are coming off a (really) bad home loss to Bradley where they blew a late lead and 4 straight losses overall. I expect a very determined effort from them. This is one we need to have to start getting some separation from the bottom of the league and put ourselves in that top 4 or 5 discussion.

7 PM Wednesday--ESPN+
    #MACtion

ESPN does not like our chances in this one. Their predictor gives us a 19% chance.

Comment

Pippen is hard to handle. We'll need a combined effort between Luke & JD.

Comment

I really think if the team can share the ball like they did in the Bradley, Drake and Indiana State we will do fine. If you look at past games you will notice when aj has a huge game we don’t get the job done. The ball has moved so much better when Aj isn’t making all the plays and distribution is including the team. Nothing against Aj he is our best player but we won’t win to many when he is focused on shooting and making the plays.
        We need to involve everyone. It takes the other guys out of game we continue to struggle. We have had some great games from Dahl and Haldeman coming off 21 points and he plays half his minutes from Indiana state game. You would think the coaches would want to keep these guys rolling and keep up confidence. Just don’t get that. But Jake does that a lot he will play a guy a ton of minutes one game and very little the next.
        Last edited by PanthersMBB; 01-21-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think we need to devote some manpower to preventing the pass in to Pippen. Catch=score (at least it felt like it).

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
            Pippen is hard to handle. We'll need a combined effort between Luke & JD.
            Lol. Sorry. This just struck me as extra funny for some reason

Comment

Coach Barry Hinson is on my short list of people with whom I would love to spend an evening in the bar just listening to them talk.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                Coach Barry Hinson is on my short list of people with whom I would love to spend an evening in the bar just listening to them talk.
                I agree. He's always a great interview, too. I have spoken with many Missouri State boosters who tell me they absolutely loved the guy. He was great on the banquet circuit and is really a nice guy. MSU fans loved him but he didn't win enough to make them happy.
                "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

This could end up being a big one for Thursday avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                    This could end up being a big one for Thursday avoidance.
                    Agreed. As of now the model has UNI at about a 59% chance of playing Thursday. A loss moves that to 66% and a win moves it to 44%. That 22% swing feels pretty dramatic for having 11 more games to play after tonight.

Comment

Enjoyed the last couple being on espn3. Will have to fire up the illegal stream tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                        Enjoyed the last couple being on espn3. Will have to fire up the illegal stream tonight.
                        being published in medical journals and all, I would have thought you could afford $5 / month....

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

being published in medical journals and all, I would have thought you could afford $5 / month....
                          Wasn't that in_the_stands?

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw View Post

Agreed. As of now the model has UNI at about a 59% chance of playing Thursday. A loss moves that to 66% and a win moves it to 44%. That 22% swing feels pretty dramatic for having 11 more games to play after tonight.
                            Wow, its always nice to have stats to back up my hunches!

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

Wasn't that in_the_stands?
                              yes, sorry r&b. my bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X