WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21-Evansville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

You legitimately think AJ demanded he be started at PG for his entire career as a stipulation of his commitment. You can stop pretending to be the smart guy

Also I do think AJ shouldn't be at PG, at least long term. You assumed otherwise for no reason whatsoever
    My responses in red font below...

You legitimately think AJ demanded he be started at PG for his entire career as a stipulation of his commitment. Once again, I think AJ and his father sees/saw AJ as a PG and that commitment was made in order to secure his services. You can stop pretending to be the smart guy There's no pretending, I'm the real deal baby!

Also I do think AJ shouldn't be at PG, at least long term. Agreed, I trust Jake, and even AJ and his dad eventually, sees that too and will move him off the ball putting AJ and UNI in a position to succeed. Jake owes it to AJ - not to mention the university and the Panther fans to do so. You assumed otherwise for no reason whatsoever

Peace out!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You couldn't be more wrong. You're just shouting out every AAU stereotype. The best AAU teams do play defense and when you're playing at the level that Barnstormers team played at, you see elite athletes.

Also, in addition to Weiskamp and Green those teams also had Joey Hauser (Marquette), Ed Chang (San Diego State), Sam Ingoli (chose football but was a DI BB recruit) and Cade Moritz (Upper Iowa). AJ was absolutely a facilitator for that team. Again, why did Tony Bennett and every high major coach want him as a point guard if he's 'not a point guard'?
      I’ve watched hundreds of Aau basketball games and am familiar with those teams and many others. During recruiting, coaches tell players what they want. They figure it out when they get there. With these stats, how long do you think he’d be the pg at Virginia or elsewhere? He hasn’t been here for several games here in crunch time

Comment

My beef with him this yr is that he’s being allowed to do whatever he wants without consequences. For the second time last night, we saw him sit for the sr leadership and moxie of Haldeman.
        So are there consequences or not? If you don’t define sitting for most of the second half as a consequence what is?

He was not having a great game, Halderman was, so AJ sat. Did you expect him to be running the arena stairs during timeouts?

Comment

If we were the #1 ranked team in the country on top of the ACC, and not a 9-12 MVC team.....yeah....AJ probably wouldn't be getting as many minutes.

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on Lincoln snagging the scholarship last night?

Comment

You know, I cannot help but notice that MudraFan has more posts in the basketball related threads during the middle of our worst season in recent history than he had during some of our best seasons in recent memory not too long ago. I do wonder why that is...

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                Anyone have any thoughts on Lincoln snagging the scholarship last night?
                For whatever reason I was unaware we even had a open scholarship. We signed our class for next year already so I just assumed we didn't have another ride. Would have been nice to probably see if we could get a grad transfer in the off season who would actually contribute but That doesn't always work out. Good for the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                  You know, I cannot help but notice that MudraFan has more posts in the basketball related threads during the middle of our worst season in recent history than he had during some of our best seasons in recent memory not too long ago. I do wonder why that is...
                  If you have enough time to look it up or care what goes on in others lives that leads to more or less message board posting then that says a hell of a lot more about you than me

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                    If we were the #1 ranked team in the country on top of the ACC, and not a 9-12 MVC team.....yeah....AJ probably wouldn't be getting as many minutes.
                    I rest my case against the poster that suggested otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

If you have enough time to look it up or care what goes on in others lives that leads to more or less message board posting then that says a hell of a lot more about you than me
                      Says the guy that calls other people names when he disagrees with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

So are there consequences or not? If you don’t define sitting for most of the second half as a consequence what is?

He was not having a great game, Halderman was, so AJ sat. Did you expect him to be running the arena stairs during timeouts?
                        Before last night, there hasn’t been. The other time, he was either dinged, foul trouble or both and Haldeman played like he was possessed so left no doubt. It was encouraging to see it happen again last night because you simply cannot have a team where one player is more important than the coach or the rest of the team. For the hundredth time, hate his pg game, love his potential at wing. Really have no other options so he has to play it this year. Next year, I’m really hoping there is another plan. It’s my opinion we’ll never win like we want with him there. If he shot 30% in the first half of the first exhibition game, he wouldn’t see the second game starting at pg at Virginia or any other p5 school so save the recruiting nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

For whatever reason I was unaware we even had a open scholarship. We signed our class for next year already so I just assumed we didn't have another ride. Would have been nice to probably see if we could get a grad transfer in the off season who would actually contribute but That doesn't always work out. Good for the kid.
                          It's just for the 2nd semester this year. We only gave 12 this season. We've got the full 13 committed for next year.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

Says the guy that calls other people names when he disagrees with them...
                            Quit extending it. You are the kid on the playground that ends up getting popped in the mouth because you kept running your mouth after the fight was over

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

How many AAU events have you attended? Defense is not played. They play so many games and teams like he played on traveleled like a midwest league minor league baseball team. Not knowing what city they were in and only worrying about getting to the water park after the game. College coaches in the crowd so they looked to get shots up. Lots of 3s, one on one moves and me, me and more me. Being a pg on an AAU team means you never have to give up the ball unless you want to. Look familiar? The other D1 player on his team? Joe Weiskamp. It was all about those two
                              I take big issue with this considering my son is in his 3rd year of highly competitive AAU ball and will be joining the Martin Brothers team this spring. He won state last year and he and his teammates win almost every single tournament they compete in in large part because of their defense. And we havent gone to one flipping waterpark in 3 years either.
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

It's just for the 2nd semester this year. We only gave 12 this season. We've got the full 13 committed for next year.
                                I was thinking something like that might be the case after posting. thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X