WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21-Evansville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

I take big issue with this considering my son is in his 3rd year of highly competitive AAU ball and will be joining the Martin Brothers team this spring. He won state last year and he and his teammates win almost every single tournament they compete in in large part because of their defense. And we havent gone to one flipping waterpark in 3 years either.
    Not sure what to tell you. Your grade or team are not the only aau teams around and aren’t necessarily the litmus test. I had many years in it myself and was familiar with the teams in question. AAU ball is well known for both good and bad things. Selfish play is one of the bad ones and we are clearly seeing it play out in front of us. You’d have to be blind or simply don’t want to see it to not be aware. The stats tell the story.

Comment

Speaking of stats, freshman year PGs:

#1: 34g, 20.1 mpg, .401 FG%, .375 3P%, .728 FT%, 1.7 assists, 2.2 turnovers, 2.1 rebounds, 7.0 ppg
      #2: 31g, 21.4 mpg, .371 FG%, .336 3P%, .788 FT%, 2.7 assists, 2.1 turnovers, 2 rebounds, 7.5 ppg
      #3: 28g, 28.2 mpg, .409 FG%, .309 3P%, .776 FT%, 4.6 assists, 2.0 turnovers, 3.4 rebounds, 6.6 ppg
      #4: 30g, 14.1 mpg, .357 FG%, .359 3P%, .636 FT%, 1.1 assists, 1.1 turnovers, 1.1 rebounds, 2.6 ppg
      #5: 21g, 29.1 mpg, .394 FG%, .328 3P%, .847 FT%, 2.0 assists, 3.0 turnovers, 3.0 rebounds, 14.9 ppg

Who do you take?
      Last edited by Khan4Cats; 01-28-2019, 01:23 PM. Reason: added games and mpg

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
        Speaking of stats, freshman year PGs:

#1: .401 FG%, .375 3P%, .728 FT%, 1.7 assists, 2.2 turnovers, 2.1 rebounds, 7.0 ppg
        #2: .371 FG%, .336 3P%, .788 FT%, 2.7 assists, 2.1 turnovers, 2 rebounds, 7.5 ppg
        #3: .409 FG%, .309 3P%, .776 FT%, 4.6 assists, 2.0 turnovers, 3.4 rebounds, 6.6 ppg
        #4: .357 FG%, .359 3P%, .636 FT%, 1.1 assists, 1.1 turnovers, 1.1 rebounds, 2.6 ppg
        #5: .394 FG%, .328 3P%, .847 FT%, 2.0 assists, 3.0 turnovers, 3.0 rebounds, 14.9 ppg

Who do you take?

Oh, these are fun. Looking forward to our resident cynic finding a way to spin these facts.

Comment

Interesting comparison Khan.... I wish you would have included minutes per game as well. BUT I'd take #3 first for the As/TO ratio, then #5 for pts and ft%, then #1.
          #4 is Kwadzo and #5 is AJ right? I know theres no Mckowen and McCloud in there, so who's 1,2, and 3?

Comment

Originally posted by PVG Panther Fan View Post
            Interesting comparison Khan.... I wish you would have included minutes per game as well. BUT I'd take #3 first for the As/TO ratio, then #5 for pts and ft%, then #1.
            #4 is Kwadzo and #5 is AJ right? I know theres no Mckowen and McCloud in there, so who's 1,2, and 3?
            I'm guessing 3 is Monte Morris from his freshman year playing behind DeAndre Kane.

I agree with your list though I assume #5 was put in a position where he had to play far more minutes and was the only one without a veteran presence in front of him.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by PVG Panther Fan View Post
              Correct on 4 and 5. All of these are UNI PGs. #4 (Kwadzo) got UNI to the NCAAs his So and Jr seasons and was the only one of the bunch to not start as a freshman. #1-3 all started the majority of games as freshmen and led UNI teams to the NCAA's, #1 as a Sr, #3 as a So and #2 3 straight years Fr-Jr.

I added games and mpg to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

Correct on 4 and 5. All of these are UNI PGs. #4 (Kwadzo) got UNI to the NCAAs his So and Jr seasons and was the only one of the bunch to not start as a freshman. #1-3 all started the majority of games as freshmen and led UNI teams to the NCAA's, #1 as a Sr, #3 as a So and #2 3 straight years Fr-Jr.

I added games and mpg to the original.
                Going off this, I will guess 1 is Mitchell, 2 is McCowen, and 3 is Dale Turner.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
                  Going off this, I will guess 1 is Mitchell, 2 is McCowen, and 3 is Dale Turner.
                  That would be correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X