WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 22--@ Loyola

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 22--@ Loyola

They looked good Sunday after looking awful on Wednesday. Just like everybody else in the league, they are terribly inconsistent right now.

Injury news, best defender Lucas Williamson missed yesterday's game there are rumors out there that he'll miss the rest of the season with a hand/wrist injury.

Early start at 6:00 Wednesday-NBC Sports Chicago and ESPN+
    #MACtion

The Valley is certainly up for grabs this year. All but two teams already have 3 to 5 conference losses. All but one team (Drake) has 8+ total losses. Winning the Valley this year is more like "surviving it!" Stealing one at Loyola would be huge.

P.S. It looks like I will be in Evanston on Thursday right across the border from Rogers Park. Just missed being able to go to this game on the road.

Comment

This will be a very tough one on the road, most likely. Would be huge to steal it and head into the second half with a winning league record.

Comment

Side Note: Our non-con turned out to be pretty good.

Arlington 9-12
        Penn 12-6
        EKU 10-11
        Old Dominion 16-6 (x2)
        Utah State 15-5
        South Dakota State 17-6
        Iowa 16-5
        Grand Canyon 13-7
        North Dakota 8-13
        Stony Brook 17-4

Overall 149-75 (so far)

Comment

Ken-Pom has our nonconference schedule ranked 63rd. I'm not expecting a win tomorrow night by any stretch, I'm just hoping we continue our streak of being in every game in MVC play with 5 minutes to go. As long as we play well, win or lose, I'll be happy. Almost no one in the MVC has been competitive at Gentile this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
            Almost no one in the MVC has been competitive at Gentile this year.
            Loyola has only lost 3 games at home. Furman (16/5), Nevada (19/1) and last loss at Gentile was Ball State (11/9).

Comment

Considering we are 1-4 against them in Chicago since they joined the Valley, a competitive game will be a positive outcome. Protect the home court, get a couple on the road, but probably not this one.
              Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
              Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
              UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                Loyola has only lost 3 games at home. Furman (16/5), Nevada (19/1) and last loss at Gentile was Ball State (11/9).
                Illinois State only lost by 3 there, hence me saying almost no one has even been competitive there

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                  The Valley is certainly up for grabs this year. All but two teams already have 3 to 5 conference losses. All but one team (Drake) has 8+ total losses. Winning the Valley this year is more like "surviving it!" Stealing one at Loyola would be huge.

P.S. It looks like I will be in Evanston on Thursday right across the border from Rogers Park. Just missed being able to go to this game on the road.
                  “Surviving It” should be replaced with “least offensive turd”.

League blows this year.

Comment

Any chance the game gets delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                      Any chance the game gets delayed?
                      Nope. Team is already en route and officials shouldn't have any trouble getting there. From my understanding they were sending two buses just in case one broke down.

There won't be anybody there but that's not exactly unusual from our other trips out there.
                      #MACtion

Comment

I plan on going tomorrow night. May be the only one there. Loyola has said that this game will be played.

Comment

Loyola has lost a 35-point game and won a 35-point game both in their first 8 Valley contests this season. Rare for a team at the top of the league.

Comment

Valpo’s utter lack of crowd or energy contributed to their loss last night. It was clear the weather impacted their turnout in a big way as the crowd was very small and neither team played with much energy. If that happened today I think it would be to our advantage.

Comment

I for one think this is a very winnable game, but we gotta come out swinging for both halves. No more 2nd half slumps

Comment

Working...
                              X