WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 22--@ Loyola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be shocked if 9 wins = play in game. Historically 8 wins avoids the play in game with one or two exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post

I reviewed it because the announcers called it a 3 but the score only went up 2. It should have been a 3. He jumped from behind the line and landed on the line.

I would assume that we had an assistant coach who went after this. We should have guys on the bench whose job includes keeping an eye on the clock, score, fouls, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by panther91 View Post
        Would be shocked if 9 wins = play in game. Historically 8 wins avoids the play in game with one or two exceptions.
        I just went by Hacksaw's math... http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5194&start=10
        9 wins=13% chance of PIG

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

I just went by Hacksaw's math... http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5194&start=10
          9 wins=13% chance of PIG
          No question you don't argue with that. Based on the last 10 years I think the top of the conference will start to separate and the bottom will start to sink. We'll see I guess. Keep playing like last night I think we stay in the top six.

Comment

We had them. The guys have to leave this game knowing they can beat anyone in the conference.

I love Coach Jake, but I've never figured out the whole don't sub during the last 10 minutes. I totally get if we get down big and a group of five makes a big run and gets us back in it - go for it. However, I think Loyola got two offensive rebounds during the last couple of minutes of the game that would have been huge. Fresh is better. I really like Berhow's game. My guess is he has to be leading the team in rebounds this season. Would like to see him play more in the second half. Even with 3 fouls. Pickford is also a heck of a rebounder. Get those guys in on defense at the end of the game. Dahl wouldn't hurt either. Anyone actually know if he has a health issue that limits his minutes? It appears like he's not allowed to play over 10 minutes. Hopefully we are just saving him for a tourney run. I think Luke for the most part played really well. Even a two minute break at the end may have helped him. I have no problem with him shooting 3's. He has to be around 50% and only takes it if he's wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
              I would be interested in an Offensive efficiency and Defensive efficiency analysis for JD-v-Krutwig and Luke-v-Krutwig.
              by my calculations utilizing the box score play by play, Krutwig scored 20 on McDonnell (3 free throw & one 3pt') and 2 points on JD.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                by my calculations utilizing the box score play by play, Krutwig scored 20 on McDonnell (3 free throw & one 3pt') and 2 points on JD.
                That doesn't necessarily tell the whole story though, the majority of JD's minutes weren't against Krutwig, so really it's possible the comp of points per possession isn't too far off

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

That doesn't necessarily tell the whole story though, the majority of JD's minutes weren't against Krutwig, so really it's possible the comp of points per possession isn't too far off
                  Yep. I also have a tough time pinning the desperation 3 on anybody. That is EXACTLY the shot you wanted them to take on that possession. Some how, some way it went in. Same way with the Skokna 3s in the first half. You got EXACTLY what you wanted defensively. Credit to those two guys for knocking in those shots.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

20 points on McDonnell's 23:04 in at the same time
                    2 points on 7:32 JD in at the same time.

But this could go on for ever. You're right it doesn't tell the whole story. This isn't wrestling. It's a team sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                      He shoved mcdonnell around and had his way with him en route to a career high night. Made zero sense not playing Dahl in the second half. He was extremely impressive in the first with six pts, had two steals, several rebounds and impacted a lot of shots. His presence impacts a great deal in the middle. He kept krautwig out of the lane and from scoring and had to wear on him. Made zero sense for him not to play in the second half. I’v said it all yr. Jake only plays him in the first to rest mcdonnell. He doesn’t see Dahl’s value beyond that

Comment

Jake plays Dahl until he a) commits a foul, b) commits a turnover, or c) misses a shot, then he pulls him, usually for the rest of the game. Obviously no other player is held to that standard or we wouldn't be able to put 5 on the floor after the first 10 minutes. I don't know what his deal is, but I'm starting to buy into Mudra's theories. If the opponent has a true 5 we have no chance to stop them or score in the paint besides Dahl.
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                          If the opponent has a true 5 we have no chance to stop them or score in the paint besides Dahl.
                          I agree on the first part but not the second. Dahl being in changes what and how our offense works, often not positively. While much improved, he just doesn’t bring much on that end. That said, he completely changes what the other big is able to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X