WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 23- Vs. Missouri State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 23- Vs. Missouri State

First game against a Bears team that has been playing really good basketball as of late. Just like UNI, record doesn't truly indicate how good they are. De Silva is going to be a really tough matchup in the paint, Fayne like with his length and athleticism. Wish they would have made people more aware of the $5 tickets that were available for the game...

$5 tickets - I heard Rima talk about it last night on OPR but that was the first I've heard or seen anything about it. Also saw the patio will be closed for the game due to a water issue.
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I get having to move the corporate group to the patio because of the water issue in the alumni suite. No problem, you have to take care of those people.

However, there is an empty merchandise stand on the northeast concourse. Sell beer there and rope off a little area in the northeast corner as a makeshift 'patio'. They've finally started promoting the patio as a way to get out on Saturday Night and its REALLY bad business to not follow through on that. Really good way to drive away the casual fan that might have given you a shot on a Saturday night with cheap tickets. With where our attendance is right now, we should be bending over backwards to deliver on advertising and make it the experience people, that might be there for the first time, expect.

As far as the game, Missouri State, like us, has figured out that playing slow really works for them. First one to 50 probably wins.
      #MACtion

Comment

My thoughts exactly. They could make something work. Especially when it’s a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
          First game against a Bears team that has been playing really good basketball as of late. Just like UNI, record doesn't truly indicate how good they are. De Silva is going to be a really tough matchup in the paint, Fayne like with his length and athleticism. Wish they would have made people more aware of the $5 tickets that were available for the game...
          The 5 dollar ticket thing was classic UNI social media. Only mentioned once by the main athletics account in the morning of a workday and in the fine print that nobody reads it says it's only a 2 day deal, but hey they get to pretend they're trying!!

Honestly how many people used that deal? Like 10 or 20 max?

Comment

There has been no social media today at all for the game tomorrow. You look at the other schools and they are all over promoting their teams. We aren’t very good at it.

Comment

I called them out on it not being posted on either the men's basketball page or women's basketball page. I got a message from Nathan Christensen pointing out it had been put on the main athletics page and him, Jake, and Harris had all quote tweeted it. They felt that was enough. I'm so irritated by that. Excellent idea, ****ty execution. And to have the cutoff be Wednesday night? Why? Just have it so people can buy $5 tickets at the door. I've seen schools do multiple free games just to get people there knowing they'll make it back in concessions or potentially return customers. I haven't take a single marketing class in my entire life, this crap isn't all that difficult.

Comment

And hey it's supposed to be a black out game tonight...
                If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                  I don't know about that but I'm quite sure it's going to be a fog out.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                    Most of last season was a "black out" game for me thanks to our record and the timely introduction of the Panther Patio.

I was able to get Hawkeye fans to come to games with me that definitely would not have normally come to see the product we had on the court. So to echo everyone else's comments, yeah it was an oversight not to find a way to have a "patio" on a Saturday night game and to not better market the cheap tickets. Not much to do on a Saturday night in February in Iowa. Cheap entertainment and fun times gets people in seats.

I will say, game day operations have been doing a better job with the atmosphere recently. Amazing what a little volume and a little music can do...

Comment

We are really getting the calls so far tonight. Let’s take advantage!

Comment

3:43 to go in first half and we’ve attempted 2 3’s. (50%)

Comment

End of half meltdown is on.

Comment

Need to work on press! When we break it, we stop at half court, like, “Whew, what relief. Let’s rest now.”

Comment

We’d be a lot better off if we could stop the weak side lob at the end of the shot clock. 2 or 3 of those in the first half.

Comment

Working...
                              X