WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 24 - Bradley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phantom call on brown

Comment

This one probably puts us on Thursday in St. Louis.

Guys we just aren’t that good.

Comment

Our offensive possessions down the stretch are puzzling.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Right cause the second seed in St Louis doesn't have any advantage...
          Not the point

Comment

Just a really bad effort down the stretch. Seemed like we had turned a corner early in the second half. Would've been a very different game if Bradley didn't start the game by making contested shot after contested shot, but good teams find a way to win nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              Our offensive possessions down the stretch are puzzling.
              Last three times we won we went with experience over raw talent down the stretch and it worked. Bradley, Loyola, SIU, Valpo we did not.

Comment

Atrocious loss. Lost at home to a 3-7 team you beat on the on the road to start the year. Hardly played the bench. Didn’t in second half. Poor shot selection. Wrong guys taking shots. Only 7 assists. Really poor stat and speaks volumes about the offense. No interior defense in the second half. Very frustrating

Comment

What a frustrating game. Spot them 10 points, fight back then it falls apart. We must have had 4 defensive rebounds go off our hands, through our legs and to Bradley guys. Throw in Kannell and Brown not being able to miss in the 2nd half and some not so pretty possessions late and... blah. This team needs to find some consistency. Although we did put up 70 and went scoreless the first 5 minutes. I didn't think our D played that bad, but Bradley just kept hitting shots. Oh well, on to the next.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Will probably take multiple road wins to avoid Thursday now.

Comment

I want to see Trae Berhow shoot more. I really like what he brings. Otherwise same old story... inconsistent offense, very little flow. No post presence, just pass, screen, jack a three.
                      We got out played tonight. Bradley was getting to loose balls and hitting shots.

Comment

Bradley has been playing well the last 3 weeks just ran into them on the wrong night. We didn't defend they poorly, they just made shots. The double media timeout that killed AJs momentum really, really hurt too.

The most disappointing part is that everything else that needed to happen in the league this week, happened. You never want to put the cart in front of the horse but if we could have run off 3 straight, we would have had the inside track to the 2 seed.

I still think we avoid Thursday. Every road game we have left, especially the remaining Indiana schools, are certainly winnable.

Just a weird night with the ice storm and all. Oh well, flush it and get ready to ruin Drake's trip down memory lane to the only time they've ever been relevant.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Ugghh....

It's hard for me to see any games out here in Colorado, what with inconsistent internet streams and connection issues with ESPN3 and ESPN+, but if there is one season where I'm glad we're not on national TV at all, this season is it.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Bradley has been playing well the last 3 weeks just ran into them on the wrong night. We didn't defend they poorly, they just made shots. The double media timeout that killed AJs momentum really, really hurt too.
                            Regarding that double timeout - I thought they implemented something last season that if a team took a timeout that was close to the media timeout, they would use that as the media timeout?

Comment

Originally posted by hediondo19 View Post

Regarding that double timeout - I thought they implemented something last season that if a team took a timeout that was close to the media timeout, they would use that as the media timeout?
                              The first called time out of the second half is extended to a media timeout regardless of when it is taken. Then you still have the four media timeouts (16,12,8,4). This was just a weird occurrence where the first called and the media were close to each other. But you are correct, if a called timeout happens within 30 seconds before the scheduled media, it becomes that-except for the first of the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

The first called time out of the second half is extended to a media timeout regardless of when it is taken. Then you still have the four media timeouts (16,12,8,4). This was just a weird occurrence where the first called and the media were close to each other. But you are correct, if a called timeout happens within 30 seconds before the scheduled media, it becomes that-except for the first of the second half.
                                Thanks - I did not know that the first called time out gets extended into a media timeout. It all makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                                X